Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

13341 - 13360 of 13411 Posts

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
This video made me laugh. I did the same thing to one of my teachers who was into Utah History. I explained, in my report, that Utah would have never became a state without the help of John Holmes. All kinds of trouble , after that stunt.

I'm glad someone is keeping the theme alive. For what it's worth, if you have no idea who Riley Reid or John Holmes is, that's probably ok. Do not google either one of them from a work computer. It's like jetting a dirt bike. You either know how, or you dont.

I may have accidentally caught one or three of Riley's movies once. That teacher should get a cameo in one of her movies.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
I am not thrilled about anything out there. Don't laugh Rock but I may end up with a Harley. They are the only place around here that encourages a test ride.
Your testicles will literally fall off if you ever test ride one of those things again!
Jump on a BMW. They always let you test ride. Most of the euro brands have demos or let you test ride.

I realize you may not want to have any more children, but that doesn't mean you should trade your junk in for a vagina. Give it some time. You will find something you like.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Had a Heritage and a Low Rider in the past. Both were reliable, but I grew tired of the noise. But in both cases, the sound was my doing. The accessory pricing is ridiculous though.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Mark, I rode one of the Zero brand electric bikes. It was in 2015. The thing was awesome, even back then. The throttle response was as good as an Ivan flashed bike. No shifting was fun. For most of my riding, this bike would be perfect. No horsepower loss at altitude, either.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
I wouldn't trust the Livewire right now. They rushed them out ahead of schedule and had to shut down production last year due to electrical problems. I wouldn't touch that bike for a couple of years.
The Zeros are pretty weak bikes and not as durable as the live wire. I was going to test ride on and changed my mind.

Get the FJR Uno. Cheap insurance, comfortable and powerful.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
yeah a little boring and I don't need bags, but I am keeping my eye out for a low mileage used one. I don't think I want to pay 18400 for a new one. Just not enough excitement . Something will come along that checks all the boxes. no rush.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,348
Dam I wish this tropical storm would get on through, the rain has been relentless. Had a outdoor wedding yesterday to attend and thought they would change it to inside, boy was I unprepared. The young bride bless her heart said she wanted a outdoor wedding and rain wasn’t going to stop it. I am standing under a dry pavilion when they announced it was about to start. I looked out at the chairs in the muddy field and said what the hell if she is willing so am I, I walked out in the muddy field and sit in my chair was drenched in the first two minutes. The poor kid had her wedding outside. 3 hours later I put the truck in 4whd and made my way out of the field went home and shed my wet and muddy clothes and took a hot shower, woke up with a sore throat and figured well it’s the weather or the covid in a large unmasked crowd.

·
Premium Member
2014 Green N1K
215 Posts
If you are considering a Harley, why not a Vmax?

If I could get away with it (i.e. wife) I would have a Vmax, Supe Duke, and 1000R something along side my N1K.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If you are considering a Harley, why not a Vmax?

If I could get away with it (i.e. wife) I would have a Vmax, Supe Duke, and 1000R something along side my N1K.
I use to have a vmax and I would consider another if the right one came along. also owned a sporty.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
The vmax is bad *** and is a big standard more than it is a cruiser. Sort of like the Triumph Rocket III

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Did you guys see Kawasakis huge 10-12-2020 release video? They made a big deal out of it. I think this is it? Re-re-re introduce the "new" Versys 1000. BFD

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Rock didn't you have a super Duke GT?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
probably best thing I should get is a bicycle.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
heck of a lot cheaper and much better for me. Although pushing my bike up the hill is pretty good exercise.

13341 - 13360 of 13411 Posts