Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

13181 - 13200 of 13447 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Going to start looking again. Just can't find one that checks all the boxes. I don't even need a peg dragger I am getting to old (and big for that). I did take my Husky around the block today. I think I piss off some neighbors when I do. Maybe another K bike.

·
Premium Member
3,630 Posts
@MarkOne @Rock it surprises me that you two aren't riding a 1600GT, the new Goldwing, Concours or FJ with a used super sport as the dirty mistress you go see when the urge comes calling.

Reactions: Night Train

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
small bike, big bike. Best combo. Wish I could swing two bikes right now.

·
Premium Member
3,630 Posts
You and I both Rock.
I would like to give a Concours, ZX6R combo a try. I miss the lightness of the 6R but around here for me the pressure on the wrists were more then I could bear after an hour. Plus I think the Connie could pull it. No clue why I didn't give that a thought four years ago.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
the best thing is when you have two bikes you can keep time on the sport bike to an hour, and use the big bike for the trips.
I'm having a rough time having to keep it down to one bike.

·
Registered
11,458 Posts
Mark one, when you look back to the older bikes like the original 1988 zx10, zzr1100/1200 and bikes of that era, they were all 600 lbs. Sure, with expensive mods, you might see 550, but 500lbs wasnt happening. That's real weight, ready to ride. Not "claimed"

The stock ninja is 80 lbs lighter, if not more. I know technology has improved since then, but it doesnt account for an 80 lb weight reduction. To do that, they made the bikes smaller, physically. If you are around 6 ft tall, and 200 lbs, a person fits fairly well. Above that? Forget it.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
The Super Duke GT was a really good size and weighed around 520 with bags. They used pretty expensive alloys though to do that, and had that minimal frame that occasionally broke the welds but it got there. It's bigger than the Ninja and weighs the same but you pay for it.

Point is, it can be done you just have to charge the right price point. They also gave it more travel, which gives it more"weightless" room, but many NInja owners already b*tch about the Ninja being too tall. Never scraped the pegs on that thing and had plenty of lean.
It's a shame that bike was so problematic.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
This bike is 25 more pounds than my ninja with bags fully fueled. Easy to get the pegs back and down a bit without risking more scraping. Why can't this bike still be made? It accommodated many a rider my size and a bit bigger.
The seat and wind protection were great, even if the bags lacked a bit. It handled better than the Ninja as well, stock. It's a big sports bike with bags. Perfect. But no, everyone had to b*tch that it was too much pressure on the wrists, and hurt my poor little back because I don't know how to sit correctly, so they came out with the bigger GT version. At 600 lbs. that was too heavy and everyone b*tched about that, so that was discontinued. So the answer was the sit up and beg ADV bikes. Guess what? Those are too tall, I can't flat foot my little midget feet, and so it goes. At my size and riding needs this bike right here is all I need, but over 520 lb under 590 lbs segment is entirely gone.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Look at how much more these bars rise. IF anyone says there's no difference on the new NInna I think they're smoking something. Differently shaped bars too. That's why the screen had to change, along with the screen mounts.
ninja bars.jpg

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Mark one, when you look back to the older bikes like the original 1988 zx10, zzr1100/1200 and bikes of that era, they were all 600 lbs. Sure, with expensive mods, you might see 550, but 500lbs wasnt happening. That's real weight, ready to ride. Not "claimed"

The stock ninja is 80 lbs lighter, if not more. I know technology has improved since then, but it doesnt account for an 80 lb weight reduction. To do that, they made the bikes smaller, physically. If you are around 6 ft tall, and 200 lbs, a person fits fairly well. Above that? Forget it.
6'3 260 lbs. I have gained weight since Carona :(

·
Registered
11,458 Posts
Rock, they show the same part number on that bar since 2011, but that might not be the end of it. I know when I replaced my rear shock, the new shock was longer. Not by a lot. 7mm, if I remember correctly. Just over 1/4" inch.

Doing that made the bars feel lower since it raised the back end. You would have sworn someone went in and cut the bars down if the bike had been out of my posession.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
They are very starnge bars. When you see them it hits you right away. I thought the pictures were wierd on the kawi site but then when I saw then in person it confirmed my suspicions. that the bars changed quite a bit.

·
Registered
11,458 Posts
I ride my ninja to the dentist. Monday morning. As I get closer to the office, I realize I'm early. I pull into a 7-11. A guy on a Black 650 ninja came running over to me. He didnt look angry, but appeared way too excited for my arrival.

As he got closer, figure @20 ft, he stopped, turned around, and walked back to his bike. Wtf? I dont think much of it. I go into the store and buy my garbage. 4.26 for two packs of pieces pieces. Hell, they are worth twice that, if not more.

I walk out towards my bike, and everything makes sense. Parked next to his black ninja is a 2012 Ninja 650 in candy green. He was waiting for a friend and the two 2012 bikes, in candy green, loked bery similar.

·
Premium Member
3,630 Posts
I get excited some times by other bikes, cant recall running up to one though. Now this guy... well he definitely gets excited.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Not fair to call the guy a pervert. It's not like he's fuking a horse. btw, Avi don't get any ideas!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I ride my ninja to the dentist. Monday morning. As I get closer to the office, I realize I'm early. I pull into a 7-11. A guy on a Black 650 ninja came running over to me. He didnt look angry, but appeared way too excited for my arrival.

As he got closer, figure @20 ft, he stopped, turned around, and walked back to his bike. Wtf? I dont think much of it. I go into the store and buy my garbage. 4.26 for two packs of pieces pieces. Hell, they are worth twice that, if not more.

I walk out towards my bike, and everything makes sense. Parked next to his black ninja is a 2012 Ninja 650 in candy green. He was waiting for a friend and the two 2012 bikes, in candy green, loked bery similar.
Shame on you RC! Buying candy on the way to the dentist, really???

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I get excited some times by other bikes, cant recall running up to one though. Now this guy... well he definitely gets excited.
Not sure why but just reading the headline and Rocks name immediately came to mind.

Reactions: Avintage69
13181 - 13200 of 13447 Posts