Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

12941 - 12959 of 12959 Posts

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,941
Avintage can you tell any difference in heat with the gutted breadbox versus when you had it removed.

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
@Mark59 Yes a small amount of additional heat is felt with the belly can in place VS just header. Nothing like the difference between stock and aftermarket header though. Those cats in that mid section get hot.
I also have the header wrapped between the collector and the Y which feel helps. Honestly though unless I'm setting dead in traffic for extended periods I don't notice it now.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,943
@Mark59 Yes a small amount of additional heat is felt with the belly can in place VS just header. Nothing like the difference between stock and aftermarket header though. Those cats in that mid section get hot.
I also have the header wrapped between the collector and the Y which feel helps. Honestly though unless I'm setting dead in traffic for extended periods I don't notice it now.
Has your boy riding now?

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
Yeah hes riding almost daily.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,945
Yeah hes riding almost daily.
Good deal, he needed to get back going after the accident, probably watching things a little more cautious now lol.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
THis is supposed to be the last day of the heat wave. Crested 90 and starting to head down now. Hopefully in the low 80s from here on. This was brutal .

·
Registered
10,891 Posts
In the old days, I had to do service calls at the local amusement park. Usually, it was a 14 yr old kid running the booths, so they were cool. However, there was also a very old guy who had been in the Navy. He was about 5 ft 3. Probably a submarine guy. I bet Volfy could kick his ***.

He was just a nasty, rude a hole. One day i decided to get him fired up. I was quiet..no one else could hear. I said, "Owen, I'll bet the emperor thanked you for your service, didnt he?" He said, "What do you mean?"

I said, "Well, based on your size, and your attitude, the USA would have had a tactical advantage if you fought for the Japanese ....I'll bet you drive a Toyota and eat rice at every meal, dont you....."Owen san..."

I thought this guy was going to kill me. He went crazy. I stepped back and gave the curious, puzzled look, and shook my head. It felt good. I spent several more years having to go there and he would leave the area when I was around. I always looked up to our Military people, but this guy was a pos.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
168 Posts
It's fucking hot here in So Cal. Triple digits and blustery winds. That spells a recipe for forest fires. People toss out cigarettes all the time. About two years ago we had to vacate. It sucked. Slept in the car over night with the family. Woke up to some guy eyeing us. Creepy

·
Registered
10,891 Posts
I remember tossing a cigarette. I had been cleaning air filters and had a coffee container full of the dirty gasoline they were cleaned in. The cig landed right in the can, and went out. That scared me. I think we are up near 103 today, and its miserable. Even at that temp, it's still way more comfortable than Houston was a 90.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,953
These temps definately suck,been pushing Misti upper 90’s for two weeks now,looks like we might cool down to 94 today lol, add the humidity from pop up showers and your sweating bullets.

Reactions: Avintage69

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
fucking got warmer as the day went on. I kept waiting for it to cool down but finally had to go out for another run. It was 90 and 100 real feel with the nasty humidity. **** this crap was supposed to break and a cool spell was supposed to come today.
This blows. At least I'm a nice toasty coppery brown. The flip side is people need to stop asking me to mow their lawns. 😀

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,956
Hey Markie, how's the knee been?
Rocky the knee still sucks, still tight as hell and still bruising, I can get around but I don’t think I’ll ever be close to where I was before the accident, climbing is difficult and any type of running is out of the question. And it hurts like hell to squat you can here it pop and crack.

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
I think we need to go kidnap Mark and take him to a strip club. High end only, with a 30 year old freak that will tease him till he starts chasing her around. Hopefully it would be good for limbering up his knee, but if nothing else it would be great entertainment for us.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
That's a no lose proposition. Either he catches her and scores, or his knees looses up and he gets a good workout.
either way we get to cheer him on and split the lap dance costs. we just have to make sure we choose the slowest Ho in the house to give him a fighting chance.

12941 - 12959 of 12959 Posts