Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

12721 - 12734 of 12734 Posts

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,721
Keep the faith MarkOne, these kids now days have a lot on them, they are taught radical **** in school they see it on TV it’s every where, I have said more than once I’m glad I’m not raising another kid through these times. Unfortunately you can’t drink it away, you need your mental capacity sharp as you head into this battle, it’s amazing what we dont know about are kids, I have been shocked more than once,

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,722
Avintage looks like the virus is exploding out your way also, I’m tired of wearing mask at work it sucks.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,723
Rocky looks like they are starting to cut indoor dining back up your way again, it has not been opened up long has it, I think Cumo is shell shocked from the last go around, I see we made you alls quarantine list also ha ha.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Oh yeah its hitting pretty good in the big cities. Parkland Doctors are crying on camera saying they shouldn't have to rate a patient's chance of survival to prepare for hard decisions that are coming in just a few days at this rate if something doesnt happen. Sounds like the convention center may become a respiratory treatment facility soon.
Locally were not to bad yet. Still pushing sanitization, hygiene and necessity.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,725
Oh yeah its hitting pretty good in the big cities. Parkland Doctors are crying on camera saying they shouldn't have to rate a patient's chance of survival to prepare for hard decisions that are coming in just a few days at this rate if something doesnt happen. Sounds like the convention center may become a respiratory treatment facility soon.
Locally were not to bad yet. Still pushing sanitization, hygiene and necessity.
This virus sucks for sure, if the cases are really 10 times higher than there showing you would think we would of come in contact with it, I have been all around it in these plants day in and out, be nice to know if we have been exposed but they say that test is not reliable. I’m dreading going to South Carolina the week after next, but I’ve got 2 grand invested and I’m not going to throw it away. Did you ever fool with your bread box on your bike any more or should we say perform surgery lol.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Avintage looks like the virus is exploding your way
that's the risk of tent love Markie 😀

Rocky looks like they are starting to cut indoor dining back up your way again, it has not been opened up long has it, I think Cumo is shell shocked from the last go around, I see we made you alls quarantine list also ha ha.
Yeah, saw my favorite bar opened today. Was cool to see. I had lunch outside today in this cafe. No one had masks and we were not that far apart. It was cool. The servers were all masked up. Bummer because some of those chicks were hot.
Saw a tanning salon open too. That must mean everything is open.Happy endings for everyone 😀

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
My heart goes out to you and your family. Mark, those institutions are filled with some of the coolest people on earth. Even the "unskilled" support staff. Most of them have chosen to work in that specific, locked area. I have nothing but great memories from the 4 or 5 days I was inside. It's not scary. It's the most safe place you've ever been in and every staff member was all in on helping people. You also got to see some seriously f'ed up people and couldn't not help but think, "What's my problem, again? ...I'm glad not to be x". If you told me , right now, I had to spend another few days, I'd probably beat you to the transport car. Years ago, before insurance paid for these places, they were not as nice, but now the competition is intense. The shitty ones closed 20 yrs ago.. The patients were everyone, for lack of a better work. We had 2 airline pilots, a nurse, an engineer. I think everyone has felt this way. Some just took it to the next step.

We even had a world class chef. He had mental issues, years earlier, and wanted no more of that lifestyle. His food was good enough to where you asked to be discharged at 12:45 instead of 12 so you could stay for one more meal.

They will have her patched up, in no time. Surprisingly, there was a lot of laughing, and humor. They loved my story of having a gun, and wanting to use it to complete the deal.....however, I had no bullets. I walked into the gun store, and asked for what I needed. The guy asked, " How many?" What are you supposed to say? One? Two?.....so, I said, "a box..a case? A package? ". He said, "I'm sorry, we are sold out, but I can order them for you?"

It's also very common, nationally. Since covid 19 started, what's that, six months ago? If its six months, we've lost 400,000 to suicide. Wheres our fucking masks?..

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
@Mark59 haven't worked on it since Last Thursday or Friday.
Now that its opened up and I can see what I've got, I'm trying to read up some on volume, angle of deflection and absorption rate of different materials. Not that I understand half of it but even a blind hog can find a acorn every once in awhile. 😏

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,730
Reactions: Avintage69

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,731
Hotter than crap today and rest of the weekend, all for heat killing the corona, that **** is loving the hot temps down here. Probably going to be to hot to ride much this weekend.

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
I took a ride today. Early, before the heat. I crossed this beautiful, green field. Sprinklers on full blast. So much water on the ground that it felt cool/cold. Slight breeze. Isnt that the best? Isnt that what we ride? You would never know how the temp changes, in a car. I thought of Mark's daughter as I went through. I wanted to tell her, "You cant go away. You haven't felt this before."

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
It's hotter than moose balls here. Going to thunder storm soon too. Not riding weather. Traffic was sick as all the stores and restaurants were opened and everyone has off.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,734
Decided to go for a ride in the heat of the day, 91 degrees plus and high humidity, could feel the skin cooking. Went and eat and got back on the road about a 30 minute ride through the country side. Noticed on my way out traffic was backed up for miles coming in town, I thought well the interstate is shut down and there detouring them. I thought if I would of waited 40 minutes longer I would of been hung up in that mess slowly roasting, I got my *** to the house and opened a beer.

12721 - 12734 of 12734 Posts