Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

10621 - 10640 of 13178 Posts

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
Mark, i dont ever go for high tire miles. I would be pissed, and scared if i ever saw a wear indicator. The pr2's that i am removing have several thousand miles left in them. Theres a good chance i could re sell them. They have about 4500miles in them. Thats enough Michelin for me.

I dont get a lot of time to ride that bike. If the pr2 tires are only halfway worn, so what? Ill save a whole 150.00 and be halfway miserable using them for the next 2000 miles? No thanks. It would be different if i had to pay someone to change them. That would be a hell of a lot closer to 600 if i had to pay shops labor, and **** only knows how much if i paid shop tire prices. As long as i can do this and waste 150.00, I get the first half of the tires life and someone else can take the second half...just not me.

These tires look, and sound as if they were made for this heavy bike... well see, plus, i get to try that new yellow thing tire tool i bought after the q3 kicked my ***! Win-win.

Ill start with the front...gain courage, and go for the back.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,623 (Edited)
Thanks Mrsand, I ought to be thankful for where I’m at in this rehab, it gets dam depressing as the months go by and you work like a dog and you have to wonder if you will ever be normal again. I’m just hoping there is not issues still inside the knee after putting this much time in and not being able to half *** walk. The concerning part is the physical therapist seems puzzled why I’m having this much problems now. He is beginning to wonder if we are not pushing it to hard. I said your suppose to know. They keep saying six months you ought to be back kind of normal but I’m not seeing it.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Rock we need rain bad, it’s been dry here, everything is burned up, grass is brown and dry,. We are starting to get a few fires in the mountains and sides of the roads. Hopefully it don’t repeat 2016 when fires were every where.
Sounds like southern california. That's not cool.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Has it been six months already Markie? I thought it was only 3 or 5.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,626
Rocky I’m in my 5th month now, can’t stand in one spot or the knee goes tight, can walk through a store like Walmart then leg is done for the rest of the day. Knee is always tight, and tender on the inside of knee. Has a bruised looking red color and real tender to the touch.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
66 degrees Fahrenheit this morning. Makes a fellow feel like spring buck. Didnt plan on taking the bike out today but now I'm going to have too.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,628
63 here this morning sounds great, looks like summer is finally letting up its grip. We will be bitching about it being to cold pretty soon lol.

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
Mark, the therapist is used to dealing with people, like me. You get old, the knee joint wears out, and you have it replaced. No real "injury" to overcome. The tears hes seen are probably from young people who were playing sports. They were likely in better shape than we would be, and young, when they went down. Even a knee replacement can take a year. Yours is worse than that.p

Ask how many middle age people hes worked with, who were injured jumping off ladders. Ill be than number is zero. If its a lot, lets get some stories.

Based on what happened, the fact you can even walk into a Wal Mart is pretty incredible. Dont worry, every isle there contains the same people as the one before. Plus, the only section a guy needs to be concerned with is Sporting Goods, and maybe that tiny motorcycle section.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Someone in Paris Tx is trying to set a record today with the longest parade of Harley's. Think they said the record is held over seas right now at something like 2500 bikes.
I'm thinking these people haven't been to sturgis.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
It's in the 50's today so I did 100 miles in my heavy gear. It was nice. Definitely looks like it's going to be cooler from here on.

Markie, do you wear a leg brace when you walk? Maybe you need some aid for the next couple of months?

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,632
RC your right, I’m a very impatient person. I’m ready for the final outcome so I can figure out what I need to do.

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,633
Rocky your getting close to winter up there lol, I bet it was strange riding and not sweating. They took me out of the leg brace 3- weeks ago. I think they are over working me as they are causing pain like something pulling or ripping when they keep upping the leg weights. I actually washed the Tacoma, it had black streaks on it since it’s been 5- months. I carried a chair outside and took about an hour washing and resting the leg, sit in the chair and washed the wheels lol.

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
I had really nice weather today. 65 and sun. It was supposed to rain, so i decided to install the tires. Probably not as easy to work with as the Michelin, but still pretty easy. I did use the yellow claw thing, but never really needed to. They were within 1/8oz of being perfectly balanced.

I was surprised as the sidewall is super stiff, but these were bothi g compared to q3's. Heres my tire changing **** for anyone who thinks you need an expensive machine. This is everything except the balance stand. I only used two tire irons, but its nice to have them within easy reach, so i bring them all out.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Markie I actually wanted my heavy gear it was so chilly. Got cold really fast.

Maybe you just need to ease up on the workload you're placing on it a bit? There's that happy place where you're not overdoing it but working it enough to progress.

RC, that's a nice littel homeade tire changer. What tire is that??

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,636
Rocky that wind chill factor really brings the temps down when it’s only in the 50’s and 60’s. I come back from North Carolina one Sunday morning and the temps dropped to the 40’s and cloudy, I froze my *** off, after a couple of hours I stopped at a store and warmed up I definately got caught off guard. I have quit doing my afternoon therapy and see if it helps. Usually by late evening my leg is tired and sore any way.

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
I got caught in a rainstorm, when i was a kid. It was near evanston wyoming. High altitude, and near 40 degrees. There was no shelter . I rode, and started shivering. I was on my windjammer equipped xs11. That lasted for about 1 hour and at that point iI stopped shaking. I started to feel warm again, even though the weather was still the same.

I stopped into a gas station in Fort Bridger and filled up. The station owner recognized something was wrong with me. He got kind-of forceful and i remember him yelling, "You stay HERE...do you understand me?" Im like..."Ok, got it." The heat felt good, so why not? In a few minutes, the intense shivering returned and it took forever to get warn again.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,638
RC sounds like you rode yourself to hypothermia, good thing that fellow was paying attention. I remember riding dirt bikes year around, I remember the hands turning blue and hurting like hell. I would warm them till the feeling come back then run hot water over them to finish thawing them out, drink some hot chocolate the old fashion kind then go again, now it would be like **** that it’s to cold if it’s below 50 lol. That wind chill factor really kicks in when your riding. But back then we did not have any fancy riding gear, we made do with what we had

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
Nbc sunday morning did a gun control interview with the owner of Dicks Sporting goods, and it aired today. They were blowing him because he removed and destroyed the "assault rifles" that were in his stores. This owner has also made a rule where he wont sell to a firearm to anyone under 21 years old. Dick was on with his trophy wife who is obviously 40 years younger than he is. I didn't check, but theres no way shes wife 1.

The reporter asked "Dick"....how much money will this cost you, per year?

Dick says "A quarter of a Million, per year." (Basically nothing when its based on all his stores.)

The reporter responds, " A quarter of a Billion?" Dick, corrected him, but very softly. (Thats what? A THOUSAND times more than reality?)

Its really sad. The definition of an assault rifle is......is...is what? A rifle, or pistol that looks scary?

Where did society come up with the fucked up idea that if we just remove the drugs/guns/vape machines that the problems will disappear? Better yet, why do we still support people who believe this to be true?

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,640
I hope they loose there ***, maybe dick will vote for Beto orourke and loose the rest of his business. Got out this morning and put wax on the truck, I love ice spray wax so easy and I could actually do it lol, they are to put for handicap challenged people on the bottle.

10621 - 10640 of 13178 Posts