Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading instructions and cussing with the exhaust valve cables i finally got the darn things mounted, sounds great on start up havent driven it yet, but will probably go ahead and order db killers to have on stanby, hopefully the exhaust want bother my wife from the heat since there so short, going to install my givii top box rack tommorrow and i should be ready for when it gets warm enough to ride.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd do a couple rides before I spent $ on db killers. It doesn't seem loud to me but I kinda like loud. If I'm gonna be on it all day I occasionally wear ear plugs but I'd do that with most any bike to avoid the engine drone

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought my bike with brawlers already installed,no baffles and have run them for about 6 months now. Just for laughs and boredom I got the stockers out of the box and put them on and went for a ride. I came back home after about a 10 minute ride and pulled them off and put them back in storage. Too quiet for me and I'm 58 years old. Maybe my hearing is going bad from too many years of loudness. On the plus side , I can't hear my wife as much either

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol i think my wife might find them a tat to loud on the back so im going to tame them some, but they are freakin awsome. I think my problem is comming from a v-twin to a 4 cylinder it will take a bit to get used to the exhaust note, i know for a fact my wife would poke my ribs out if i pinned the throttle with the brawlers because shes used to the mellow sound of the twin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts