Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding around with the brawlers with db killers for a few months i decided to pull the db killers. I dont know if my ears got used to it or because its warmer and all the harleys are hitting the road. I cant even here my bike run if a couple of harleys pull up beside me, any way took the wife for a ride with the db killers removed and she never said a word about the noise level. So i guess ill start looking at a set of headers and the ivan flash as i pretty much got all the other goodies i want soon as my seats get here.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
I installed my exhaust, then started the bike in a garage. That initial impression stuck, and I thought it was too loud. Did you, too?

Then I got passed by the open pipe Harley.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats about the size of it RC, i thought them was the loudest things when i first got them had to have db killers lol, they dont hold a notch to them straight piped harleys.i dont think i could handle that harley exhaust note for to long.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I installed my exhaust, then started the bike in a garage. That initial impression stuck, and I thought it was too loud. Did you, too?

Then I got passed by the open pipe Harley.
if your being passed by an open piped Harley then something is wrong. :eek: :D

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They dont have to pass you , you can here them a block away lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
They dont have to pass you , you can here them a block away lol
Yesterday, on a ride through a popular mountain pass, I reached a group of 5 Harleys in front of me with a bus in front of them. I had my ear plugs on and I could still hear them burp.

It was so annoying that I was so tempted to pass them over blind, double yellow lined bends. Of course, they were trying to pass the bus themselves and were hugging the outside lane blocking any safe way to pass them. It was a long 5 minute wait through the bends.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Probably more due to the fact that the inserts barely do anything to lower the volume. I measured a 3db drop at idle, and about a 1db drop at 3K RPM. Seems that they change the tone slightly, and that's about it.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yesterday, on a ride through a popular mountain pass, I reached a group of 5 Harleys in front of me with a bus in front of them. I had my ear plugs on and I could still hear them burp.

It was so annoying that I was so tempted to pass them over blind, double yellow lined bends. Of course, they were trying to pass the bus themselves and were hugging the outside lane blocking any safe way to pass them. It was a long 5 minute wait through the bends.
I know what you mean, i got behind a group of 25 harleys and thought i was going to be asphixiated from gas fumes going up a mountain one morning, i thought maybe they want think im a butt when i blow by them first chance i get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts