Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got warm enough to log some miles on the ninja today, despite 20 mph winds it was a blast. I was concerned that the ride wouldnt be as smooth as my cbr 500r. What a surprise, the ninja was so much more stabler and smoother than the 500 even my wife noticed it. Mostly just cruised with one spirited run a short distance on the interstate but had to back off when a gust of wind hit the wife and i could feel her lifting, thank goodness for the topbox with the back rest, fortunately she didnt say much about it. She didnt even complain about the urban brawlers, good thing i installed the db killers before i took her out for the first time. The sound is just right hopefully the wind want be so bad tommorrow and i can take it to the mountains for a run before the weather turns to winter again. Ill take 63 degrees in january any time lol. Everything on the bike seemed to work well except a rattling noise at 3000 rpms when kept constant. Give it gas it disapears or let off below 3000 and it fades. I thought it was a valve but i dont know, it comes from the left side under the tank. Since it only has 4000 miles i dont think nothing is wrong with it, might just be typical 4 cylinder engine noise. Any way the power was insane after comming from a 500. So glad i bought the ninja 1000.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Awesome! Glad you are enjoying your new bike... a good preview for the spring! Not sure about the rattling noise, but I definitely wouldn't worry about it. I can hear the cam chain sometimes... that might be it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts