Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
There are 2 lean angle indicators. One is active and is a sliding graph that will increase when increasing lean angle and decrease when reducing the lean angle. The other is a numeric lean angle indicator that records the maximum the bike has leaned, both left and right. That will remain the same until you either lean more, which will increase the number, or you reset to zero. You can not set either of these indicators, you can only reset the 2nd which displays a numeric value. Does this help?

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are 2 lean angle indicators. One is active and is a sliding graph that will increase when increasing lean angle and decrease when reducing the lean angle. The other is a numeric lean angle indicator that records the maximum the bike has leaned, both left and right. That will remain the same until you either lean more, which will increase the number, or you reset to zero. You can not set either of these indicators, you can only reset the 2nd which displays a numeric value. Does this help?
ok thank you that helps a lot

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
364 Posts
Jason, lets split the question. When you say you are maxed out, is that based on your bike scrapping the road or are you looking at the meter and saying that you maxed out?

If you are looking at the meter and saying that you maxed out and you feel that the electronics are not letting you lean further, I don't think that the bike's electronics are designed to do that. Not sure though, please check with other 2020 bike owners if there are restrictions that will stand up a bike when leaned over too much, I would consider that a safety hazard and would assume that the bike does not do that.

If you are actually scrapping the pegs/silencer, etc, then you need to mechanically move those to get more lean angle and I am assuming that you are riding on a track somewhere.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I don't think that the bike's electronics are designed to do that. Not sure though,
The max lean indicator is simply a lean recorder that will register and display the maximum the bike has leaned from center, until the rider resets the indicator. That is all it is for, to provide the rider information about the maximum the bike has been leaned since it was reset. If the rider goes through one corner and reads the indicator it will display the maximum lean angle for the corner. If the rider goes through 50 corners, it will display the maximum lean angle from at least one of the 50 corners.

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha FZ-10 2017 Suzuki M109R
113 Posts
Just came across this today. This would seem to imply that the previous years dual exhaust systems will fit the 2020. Has Lextek headers with OEM rear section, and Lextek doesn't show as offering anything for the 2020 yet.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I traded e-mails with Yoshimura a couple of days ago. He said the had a 2020 in the shop and developed a tidy tail for it, but no exhaust. Too bad, I like their exhausts.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
If you guys want, get me a plane ticket to the UK and ill go talk to Pro-Race. Ill see if i can get them moving on the 2020 ninja project.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
I always liked the thought behind IXIL that fits under the bike. Its crap, for performance, but it looks nice. I wish akra would build something similar.

·
Registered
Ninja 1000SX 2020 and 3xZ900 :)
40 Posts
Looks great! How's it sound?
Just a few dBa higher than the stock. It's EUR0-5 certified and the cops are strict here in terms of noise pollution.
Also, I personally dislike extreme noise from exhausts and those who carry them on the streets annoy the hell out of me. Never wanted to be one of those.
Finally, I make about 35 000 km annually, mostly on long trips, and excessive noise would be harmful for my hearing despite any hearing aids.
My main reason for replacing the muffler was the tremendous size and ugly appearance of the stock.
There is a db-killer in the small connection pipe that goes before the slip-on. Those who want more noise may extract it easily.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I thought Delkevic would have a slip on available at least, but received the following response back today.

Thank you for your enquiry, Unfortunately we dont have one ready at the moment, I believe this model is one of the next in line with the R+D team, Hope to have before the end of the year.

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha FZ-10 2017 Suzuki M109R
113 Posts
Max Torque Cans has a de-cat pipe now available for the 2020.

Not sure what that bulge at the slip-joint will do for performance though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks great and I bet it does sound awesome! So, full system, no tune? How are the electronics liking the setup, throwing any lights or codes?

Thx

PC

So I just finished installing the full akra system on my ninja 1000sx 2020...all I can say is wow it sounds amazing and the loss in weight you can definitely feel. But lord knows she roars now and I absolutely love it ! View attachment 30064 View attachment 30065

41 - 60 of 65 Posts