Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also if dual is gonna affect the bike negatively since they went for single can now and they nodded the air box to suit that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One thing to remember guys when looking at a 3rd party exhaust is be aware that many of these will NOT fit with the standard panniers. I have ordered the panniers on mine so I need to be careful.
I have ordered the Performance Tourer so I will actually wait to see what that is like before committing to a freer flowing exhaust.

Leo Vince told me that a slip on is near final development and will work with the panniers.
Pipewerx do not have a full system but a selection of available slipons right now.

I'll probably get given the exhausts for testing so I will feedback on that.

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha FZ-10 2017 Suzuki M109R
81 Posts
Another thing to consider is the ECU flash availability for a dual exit exhaust for the 2020. For those that have access to a good tune shop, it won't be such a big deal. But those of us who rely on mail order ECU flashes may run in to an issue with availability for this particular mod. Myself, I'd like to see the previous model Akro dual exit header work on the 2020, as the dual exhaust was one of the things I liked about the previous model.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is going to sound crazy, but is there any possibility of putting the previous style ones on it? Does it have the attachments still on the left side. Yes, I know, but after owning mine for a year+ they've grown on me. And I think they're better than the giant 90's pipe bikes seem to be ending up with at the moment.

·
Registered
188 Posts
This is going to sound crazy, but is there any possibility of putting the previous style ones on it? Does it have the attachments still on the left side. Yes, I know, but after owning mine for a year+ they've grown on me. And I think they're better than the giant 90's pipe bikes seem to be ending up with at the moment.
I was looking at mine the other day and it looks like there is some chance it will work. The duals mounted to the rear foot peg hanger, which I don’t think have changed.

I do not plan to try it, but I actually still have the stock header pipe off my 2011 , with the catalytic converter still on it,

BTW, on what I think is a related subject, I discovered that my 2020 pulls to the right. I took it to my dealer and they loosened all the front bolts associated with the steering head and forks, and tried to jiggle it around enough to fix any alignment issues. Still pulls.

Then my friend bought one and it pulls also. Then the lights when off. For 2020 they took weight off the left (the exhaust) and added weight to the right in what is likely a heavier exhaust. I feel certain that is why it pulls. Anyone else with a 2020, try this. Set the cruise to 60-70 and take your hands off the handlebars. Let me know what it does.

I’m actually thinking of taking the muffler off and seeing it that fixes the pull. I have a perfect stretch of road a mile from my house to try it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was looking at mine the other day and it looks like there is some chance it will work. The duals mounted to the rear foot peg hanger, which I don’t think have changed.

I do not plan to try it, but I actually still have the stock header pipe off my 2011 , with the catalytic converter still on it,

BTW, on what I think is a related subject, I discovered that my 2020 pulls to the right. I took it to my dealer and they loosened all the front bolts associated with the steering head and forks, and tried to jiggle it around enough to fix any alignment issues. Still pulls.

Then my friend bought one and it pulls also. Then the lights when off. For 2020 they took weight off the left (the exhaust) and added weight to the right in what is likely a heavier exhaust. I feel certain that is why it pulls. Anyone else with a 2020, try this. Set the cruise to 60-70 and take your hands off the handlebars. Let me know what it does.

I’m actually thinking of taking the muffler off and seeing it that fixes the pull. I have a perfect stretch of road a mile from my house to try it.
yes i have the same thing happening please let me know if you find a way to make it not pull so much thank you

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
It looks like Akra has a slip on, and they have the weights listed. The stock 2020 slip on is supposed to weigh 11.5 lbs and their single slip on is 5.6lbs.

They say about 16lbs for the old, dual system...slip on, only.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you have bags, you could load about 6 pounds in the left bag and see if that makes a difference and balances it out!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don’t have bags but my friend has them on order for his bike. We have already discussed doing just that.
I will not be riding my 2020 for a few more days, but will check the drift alignment. I'm pretty sure I already did when I rode it home and don't remember it being far off, but it may have drifted a bit right. If I do get a drift, I have bag and will counter weight the left, from past experience I don't think it's going to make a big difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey guys just wanted to know if any of you know to to change the lean angle on the 2020 ninja 1000sx to make go from like 40% lean to 20% lean if any of you could help that would be great thank you

·
Registered
287 Posts
hey guys just wanted to know if any of you know to to change the lean angle on the 2020 ninja 1000sx to make go from like 40% lean to 20% lean if any of you could help that would be great thank you
Yes, apply brakes and stand the bike up as much as you want. Usually at rest it is closer to 0% lean :LOL:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't understand the question. The higher the number, the more you are leaned over.
the bike says the max lean angel is 38 to the left and 41 to the right but i am maxing it out i want to have it lean over more without maxing it out

·
Registered
134 Posts
the bike says the max lean angel is 38 to the left and 41 to the right but i am maxing it out i want to have it lean over more without maxing it out
Jason how have you determined you are maxed out on lean? It almost sounds like you are teasing!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jason how have you determined you are maxed out on lean? It almost sounds like you are teasing!
it is telling me that the bike is set at that lean angel for the max i want to make it so i can lean it more with out it interfering

21 - 40 of 45 Posts