Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen anything out yet? I saw kaw had some stuff in their site but it’s not available. Just curious if you guys had seen anything yet.

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha FZ-10 2017 Suzuki M109R
81 Posts
Haven't seen anything yet, I wonder if the right-side exit exhaust some of the manufacturer's make for the previous years will end up working.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There's the Akra that already been seen,,.
Should be able to get by with just a slip-on as there is already a fair amount of muffler under side,,. I wonder if Vance & Hines will put an offering out,,. They were quick and had reasonable success when the original bike was launched,,.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Reactions: Lag 4 and mr.sand

·
Registered
476 Posts
It won't take long for the aftermerketeers to come up with a single sided slip on.

FWIW, pretty sure any single sided full system for the previous years with no exhaust valve should fit the 2020.

·
Registered
878 Posts
It won't take long for the aftermerketeers to come up with a single sided slip on.

FWIW, pretty sure any single sided full system for the previous years with no exhaust valve should fit the 2020.
But you'll have to work it like I did on my 2014 to clear the bags.

·
Registered
476 Posts
True for some systems. There are others meant to work with panniers. I don't have the KQR28 bags, but I'm pretty sure they'll clear what i have now.

·
Registered
752 Posts

Delkevic is already touting their dual exit full exhaust will fit the 2020 N1k.

Reactions: Volfy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Delkevic is already touting their dual exit full exhaust will fit the 2020 N1k.

Wonder if that means the Akro headers for the previous models will also fit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Revzilla has the akrapovic on their site (not in stock). I ordered an Arrow carbon pipe from a vendor in IT. It shows it should arrive by the first week of May.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Great link Kratos,,plenty of options,,. Im still into my 2016 however if it ever wares out, high on my list of replacement bikes will be the 2020 or newer version N1K however,,. Any purchase of a 2020 will come with an add on single sided slip on of some sort,,. I hope the 2020 becomes a better seller in the area here then it has been so there are more used options on the market,,. On the other hand sluggish sales can result in good deals on unsold new bikes,,.

I was on the PipeWerx site today and noticed they now have an exhaust for the 2020.

https://pipewerx.co.uk/webshop/kawasaki/z1000-sx-2020-onwards/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone seen anything out yet? I saw kaw had some stuff in their site but it’s not available. Just curious if you guys had seen anything yet.
I just bought a Akro full exhaust for my 2020 Ninja 1000SX from a dealer in Ft. I have not yet receied it as it was ordered from the manufacturer somewhere in Europe. Will post pics when installed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a Akro full exhaust for my 2020 Ninja 1000SX from a dealer in Ft. I have not yet receied it as it was ordered from the manufacturer somewhere in Europe. Will post pics when installed.
Can you please share the dealer contact info? I'm looking for a full Akra too.

Also care to share how much you got it for?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Leo vince just replied back to me that they're releasing slipons next month for the n1ksx 2020

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
There's the Akra that already been seen,,.
Should be able to get by with just a slip-on as there is already a fair amount of muffler under side,,.
Sure, but you'll still have that humongous Cat/Breadbox to deal with.

One of the biggest advantages of going with full aftermarket exhaust is getting rid of the Cat. Less heat, less bulk, better performance, better looking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
An update for you guys. The Akro has not yet made it to the US. My guy stated I am one of the first to receive the exhaust once it makes it out of the factory

·
Registered
752 Posts
Delkevic claims the 2017-2020 fits. Considering throwing dual exhaust back on. Thoughts?
I'd have no problem doing that. I've had Delkevic products in the past and the build quality is quite good. As for single/dual exhaust, that's a personal decision. I like the symmetry of a dual design, don't like double the cost of aftermarket mufflers. Seems like single would be lighter but it really isn't that much. Any given week I may like or dislike Kawi's muffler design.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can anyone confirm exhausts for the 1000sx? I feel it'll work with older model exhausts. Only thing is if we go double how will mounting the left side be.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts