Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
nah yo not true at all. You run open pipes and you've gone and fiddled with the back pressure. Sure you might make half a horsepower more at the top of the powerband but honestly how often is anyone operating at the very top of the band?

No top end gain is worth it if the gains are all stolen from the lows and mids, thats where you need it.
Better than spending money you don't have readily available for Akra parts. I would even do it temporarily, but going for a fine tuned Akra exhaust is the best thing to do

·
Registered
971 Posts
I've installed a slip-on to my old N300. It's basic and doable. The fact that I can do it sets the bar extremely low. No fairings need to be harmed during the installation of slip-ons.

I have no problem doing it on the N1K, I just heard that there is a cable assembly on the right unit. I could be wrong and misinformed.

I was looking for feedback from someone who has done it.

This is a possible option for me:

2011 13 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Tri Oval 13" Carbon Exhaust Muffler Silencer Slip On | eBay

I would like to see pics of these on an actual N1K.

How this got on the frame sliders thread, I don't know.

·
Premium Member
14,057 Posts
Tony, the Ninja is nto different to add an exhaust to as compared to anythign else. On earlier models you have the cable to deal with, but the 14 does not. Its not a difficult thing to do, anyway, with regards to the cable.

As far as using THAT brand. I think they make a decent ultra-budget system, but it should be priced low budget. For just a few dollars more, you can get something name brand. It probably wont be carbon, but cheap carbon sucks.

A person should be suspicious of pieces costing half price of market value. I doubt the Company making them has decided to make half the profit of everyone else.

Leo Vince makes quality parts and you can get their carbon slip on for 687.00. I'd be much more likely to go that way and I'd bet you'll get better fit and finish by spending another 200.00.

As far as performance, a slip on for this bike does very little. I'd be for buying something that will match up with a header later on down the line.

Just a thought...if you like the brand, go for it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I never had a problem with the quality of the carbon from delkevic.
In retrospect, because of fit and connection, I might have gotten the Leo Vince corsa which was priced the same.

The sound is almost identical but I didn't like the name badge billboard on everyone else's exhaust.

On the N1K, I do think the stainless and carbon Yoshi looks good.

So the cable is no problem, how much of a no problem is it?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I think I saw the LV you are talking about on Revzilla. The carbon sells for $629. If I could peel off the logo, I think it would look great.

If the stainless is more matte than gloss, its an option as well.

·
Premium Member
14,057 Posts
Tony, the Leo Vince labels peel right off. At least on the aluminum models. I dont see them riviting the badge on the carbon model, either. I'm with you and mine were removed before installation. The stainless looks very aluminum like, and is decent. Not shiny at all.

Plus, it develops some nice coloring after it gets hot. Always good for a few extra hp, right?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Brands like Leo Vince should look into engraving their logo into their products. Makes them look better and more premium and it stays looking "cleaner" for longer.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Tony, the Leo Vince labels peel right off. At least on the aluminum models. I dont see them riviting the badge on the carbon model, either. I'm with you and mine were removed before installation. The stainless looks very aluminum like, and is decent. Not shiny at all.

Plus, it develops some nice coloring after it gets hot. Always good for a few extra hp, right?

Do you think the LV is the same length as the Yoshi ones used on N1K?

On revzilla, the stainless can has a carbon strap for attachment. Is that normal?

·
Premium Member
14,057 Posts
Do you think the LV is the same length as the Yoshi ones used on N1K?

On revzilla, the stainless can has a carbon strap for attachment. Is that normal?

I think the Leo and LV are of similar length. Never seen them side to side, though, but both are pretty short. I think that shortness is because of the two pipes, vs the single outlet. Its silly, and un-needed, but I love the dual look on this particular bike. Its probably not much extra weight due to the mufflers being short.

The cable is nothing to worry about. I bought a servo-buddy and it allowed me to remove the cable and servo motor. Its no more complicated than a throttle cable, really. Most slip ons come wiht abracket that attaches to the servo motor to stop a computer error, but I wanted the motor out. It freed up space for the powercommander I added.

I dont think the 14 even has one.

This link shows whats its about. I know its not our exact bike, but the pieces are almost identical. The guy did such a good job in his description, its worth using as a guide. If you spent five minutes disconnecting it, I'd be surprised.

2011 Kawasaki ZX10R Racebike Build

·
Registered
971 Posts
I think the Leo and LV are of similar length. Never seen them side to side, though, but both are pretty short. I think that shortness is because of the two pipes, vs the single outlet. Its silly, and un-needed, but I love the dual look on this particular bike. Its probably not much extra weight due to the mufflers being short.

The cable is nothing to worry about. I bought a servo-buddy and it allowed me to remove the cable and servo motor. Its no more complicated than a throttle cable, really. Most slip ons come wiht abracket that attaches to the servo motor to stop a computer error, but I wanted the motor out. It freed up space for the powercommander I added.

I dont think the 14 even has one.

This link shows whats its about. I know its not our exact bike, but the pieces are almost identical. The guy did such a good job in his description, its worth using as a guide. If you spent five minutes disconnecting it, I'd be surprised.

2011 Kawasaki ZX10R Racebike Build
Did you mean the LV and Yoshimura are same length?

What is the purpose of the cable assembly?

·
Premium Member
14,057 Posts
Yes, I meant the length are probably the same between the two..pictures are all I'm going by.
The cable explanation is out of my league. Try this link, or search Yamaha EXUP valve.I know we dont have Yamaha's, but the design and idea goes back to them.At one point it was for added power. Not so much anymore as it became a great way to sneak through sound testing.By closing the valve, they could manipulate sound results. Its actually entertaining to study.

..... Heres a good start: Four-stroke power valve system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
78 Posts
spools

Yes and you might even be able to use all sorts of standard spools on the swing arm for the paddock stands to lift... only mini spools will do at the mo

Standard cans foul and snap the spool brackets and gouge up the cans too

How did that get past the design team...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes and you might even be able to use all sorts of standard spools on the swing arm for the paddock stands to lift... only mini spools will do at the mo

Standard cans foul and snap the spool brackets and gouge up the cans too

How did that get past the design team...
I've got the Pit Bull Delrin spools on my '14. They clear the stock mufflers ok. They are small. I bought them specifically to clear the stock system. You can't think of the spools as sliders anyhow when they're under the exhaust system.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hey Guys, I know that the AKRAPOVIC website said that the megaphones won't clear the oem saddle bags for the 2014, but has anyone actually tried it?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Don't have an experience with akra megaphones but if you need smaller, shorter and bag compliant, try M4 or urban brawlers. Cost less too.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts