Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if full exhaust from a 2011-2013 will fit a 2014? There's a set of arrow headers on eBay I'm thinking of getting, and I don't want to get them for them not to fit, like other parts I've gotten before.

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
Your 14 should have a mounting point on the top side of the under belly silencer. On some if the earlier models (not sure when) this mounting point wasnt there. Can you verify the Arrow header has this.
Heres a picture of Akrapovics pipe that replaces the silencer. You can see the mounting tab. This is the dual outlet and it could be different on a single. other than that I've found no difference in after market systems but you could post some pics of it and someone on here will have experience with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
That set will fit, but the exhaust has been modified. That can has been cut down by several inches. I see they are asking 550.00 for it. That's about the price of a new header. Many of the early exhausts did not have that center mounting bracket. Akra added it sometime after 2011, but it wont change the overall fitment, but it's worth having.

Go to the Arrow web site and look at their systems for the 2010-2013 a 1000. This one doesn't match up to anything there. Look at the piece that goes between the headers 4 pipes and blends into the one pipe for the exit. The ebay one looks way different than what's on arrows site.

If you just want cheap, did you see this? At least it's new, and not messed with.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BROCKS-PERFORMANCE-GEN-3-FULL-SYSTEM-20-Z1000-NINJA-1000-11-12-324832/264436014861?hash=item3d919d5f0d:g:PoUAAOSwxZVdWthC

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was thinking the can looked a little short! Not necessarily looking for cheap, but just trying to get the most for my money. I know everyone here is using Akrapovic but 2k for exhaust is expensive.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
I have no idea if that brocks exhaust is any good, but the price is crazy low. They sold for 999.00, originally. I believe it's made by Hindle? 300 wont even buy a chinese made system. If you search "Brocks z1000" he got some good numbers out of that system.

The reason so many went with the Akra system was because if Ivan's flash. His flash was built with the Akra full system in mind, so you get the best gains with that system and his flash, together. You have that flash, right? It's worth far more than an exhaust to overall performance.

Overall, I'm not sure how expensive the akra really is. Obviously, it sells for a lot of money, but if you look at ebay, used ones still sell for 900.00.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually just pulled the computer to get flashed yesterday. I tried to message Ivan to see how much he charges for exhaust but haven't heard back yet. As far as the exhaust goes, when something is THAT cheap, it makes me a little suspicious.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
I think that Brocks exhaust is on the level. They had several of them, going back over the years. Notice they are in Dayton, Ohio.... that's where Brocks shop is, too. ...100% good feedback as well.

In the long thread we have on this forum, Mark was going to buy one. At that time they were selling for 499.00 or 599...something like that. That may have been in late 2018. He ended up hurting his knee and he did not buy one.

I dont have a li k, but there were several posts where I argued with him and told him not to buy the exhaust. Of course, that was based on it being listed for 699.00. At 299, it a bargain.

Since then, they have been dropping the price. This appears to be the last one.

This akra looks decent. It's been up there for a long time.
I'll bet they would take less. It's best to call Ivan. He rarely answers mail.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Kawasaki-Ninja-1000-Akrapovic-Muffler-And-Headers/323692407281

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually talked to Ivan's performance. He said that's the real deal on the Brock's performance system on eBay. But, if that system was installed then it would cost some low end grunt due to the bigger piping. He described it as having a flat spot even when compared to the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
That's no good on this bike. I'm glad you asked because the price is tempting. I suppose that's to be expected from a company who specializes in drag bikes? The low and midrange is the highlight of this bike. I wouldn't want to compromise that.

This bike is a strange machine, with regards to exhaust. On most bikes, the pipe adds some power, but not a lot. To have it do this is unusual. The stock header diameter is too small. I wish we had a low cost alternative. I dont believe anyone has measured the chinese systems or the delk. Many of those came out when the z900 was introduced so you never really know if that's the engine they were designed around and just happen to fit our bikes.

I have the arrow header, but I wish I would have waited and bought the akra. No big deal, but it's still something I regret. The akra is better with Ivan's work.

·
Registered
878 Posts
@rcannon409 I'll probably just get the Akrapovic exhaust. Now I need to decide on single or dual.
The single is really for the Z1000 and is also great if you don't run bags on your Ninja 1000. I put one of these on my 2014 Ninja 1000 that I run bags on. All it takes is a simple cut, twist the back section and re-weld. Ping me if you need details. It worked well.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
58x, did you ever try the zx10 header on the ninja? I know you invented the zx10 header mod, for the h2sx, but did you ever try it on a ninja?

I always liked the dual exhaust on this bike, but both are a great choice.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I never tried it as I found the Akrapovic right away and it was cheap. I'd have to take the fairings to try it, so no. I have a ZX10R header laying around for a future project and I got as close to the head on my girlfriend's N1K as I could. The ZX10R header is 82mm spacing and what I could get to on the N1K seems the same. I'd give it a very good probability to work. The pipe routing under the bike is the same. I don't remember how thick the flange is on the N1K header, but the ZX10R flange is thin, and a 5mm spacer fixes it fine on the H2 SX.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
I like how spellcheck promoted you to 58x. You do deserve the promotion.

That zx10 header option. would be a fun option to explore......

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
We also have to figure oit the zx10 shock swap. The guy did it on a z1000 and I believe all he did was make a new triangle that's longer in the shock portion.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The swingarm needs to be thrown out well before shock work. It sucks the 2011 ZX10R swingarm swap was a flop. The shock is in a different place.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I got the headers ordered. But has anyone used Two brothers cans? How do they compare to Akrapovic or Yoshimura?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts