Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the Evotech radiator guard on my 2018 Ninja 1000 and wanted to share the process. The instructions from Evotech are useless, and it comes with a bag of parts that you don't use. I've heard of some people installing radiator guards without removing the fairings, but I don't see how that's possible with this radiator guard and the 2017-2019 Ninja 1000. It might be different for other model year bikes, or other radiator guards that mount differently. Despite the lengthy installation process, I'm happy with the quality of the part. It seems well made and was a perfect fit for the radiator.

·
Registered
2016 Ninja
113 Posts
Just ordered one a week ago for my 2016. I'm curious to see if it'll go on without the fairing removal.

·
Registered
376 Posts
OK, being somewhat limited for funds, I cut a piece of wire mesh screen from Home Depot, the size of the radiator, and attached it to the front of the radiator with some small nylon tie-wraps. Screen holes are about 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch. Also, to minimize rocks hitting the radiator, I put a 6 inch extension on the back end of the front fender.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts