Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the 2018 ergo fit oem seat on my 2015 and it fits. The reach is noticeable because of the thinner nose on the west. Made me buy some motowerk footpeg because of the low seat.

I have a 2016 model and i have just been in touch with my local kawasaki dealer to enquire about the ergo-fit seat, the seat is listed as fitting a 2017 model, he looked at the standard seats part numbers for 2015 and 2017 and confirmed they are different part numbers and said it may not fit.
After the call i gave it some thought and viewed the fiches and both seats look identical, so i think the part numbers are different between the two models because of the different foam construction on the 2017 models and above. And the seat base is quite likely to be the same.

I have emailed Kawasaki head office to see what they say about it.
Can you confirm that your ergo-fit for the 2017 and above installed just like the 2016 model without issues or modification/.
Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It fits! We have 2 N1Ks at home, a 2018 and a 2014 and it both has the ergo seat. The part # is 99994-0892.
Thanks for confirming what i thought, local Kawasaki dealer i called didn't even know that seat existed till i told him, so i'm not surprised he thought it wouldn't fit.
Cheers for the quick reply.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
I'm sure other brands have some of the same issues, but Kawasaki is bad about it. I was once told that I had to replace the whole spindle on a UTV for a bad ball joint. 40 dollars vs 400.
They listed the ball joint and spindle separately on a ATV that shared several other parts so I tried it and sure enough it was an exact fit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just ordered a reduced ergo seat for the 2020 I'm getting in 2 weeks. I'm going to try it on when i take delivery and compare it with the stock seat. The dealer agreed to take it back if I decide not to go with it

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought the Ergo seat off a member here for my '17, I am 5"-6" with a 29 or 30" inseam and the Ergo seat is great for me, the narrower profile let my legs reach straight down rather than slightly out.

Not every *** likes every seat, the Sargent made my *** burn in hours, but I recently took a 15 hour ride on the Ergo with about 3 hours of that stops and was sore but nowhere near uncomfortable or hurting at the end of the day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm 5'2", so I swapped out to the Ergo seat, not enough. Took it to an upholstery place in town and they carved more off the top and upper sides so it's more rounded like the Corbin I had on my Yamaha FZ1, Did the trick. Rode from Yuma, Az up to Montana and back, no hot spots, all day comfort. I was hoping that the amount that was removed might compromise the comfort, but it didn't. Plus side is that with the seat cost and alterations, it's far cheaper than any custom like Corbin ever would be.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts