Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased or tried the Kawasaki Ergo-Fit Seat on the N1K? And if so, how does it compare to stock seat? An 8mm reduction in height is not much (5/16"), but the narrowed front might be nice.

From the website: "ERGO-FIT™ reduced reach seat reduces the seat height 8mm and has a narrowed front, facilitating the reach to the ground for increased confidence and comfort.
The seat leather is the same cold-resistant, high-elasticity-type material used on the standard seats."

Thanks, and any other suggestions for non-OEM seats would be appreciated.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have tried them all, except this Ergo-Fit. I am back to the stock seat. I have a pile of other seats if you want to grab one. I have a Sargent, Kawi Gel and a Corbin. All are taller than OEM, and frankly suck! What a great salesperson I am, eh?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone purchased or tried the Kawasaki Ergo-Fit Seat on the N1K? And if so, how does it compare to stock seat? An 8mm reduction in height is not much (5/16"), but the narrowed front might be nice.

From the website: "ERGO-FIT™ reduced reach seat reduces the seat height 8mm and has a narrowed front, facilitating the reach to the ground for increased confidence and comfort.
The seat leather is the same cold-resistant, high-elasticity-type material used on the standard seats."

Thanks, and any other suggestions for non-OEM seats would be appreciated.
I don't have one and haven't tried one, but I'm wondering what part of the seat they are measuring that 8mm height change at. It looks like that seat has a bit more 'dish' to it than the standard seat, and then with the narrower front...if the front is the same height as standard, and it has a real dish to it, it might help prevent sliding forward into the tank.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have tried them all, except this Ergo-Fit. I am back to the stock seat. I have a pile of other seats if you want to grab one. I have a Sargent, Kawi Gel and a Corbin. All are taller than OEM, and frankly suck! What a great salesperson I am, eh?
I'm leaning quite strongly toward getting a Sargent, what did you not like about it?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'd be interested in trying out the gel seat...

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm leaning quite strongly toward getting a Sargent, what did you not like about it?
To me, the Sargent pushes you back in the saddle, plus is a lot taller. I have short legs and was tired of tip-toe stops for all three of these. Again, in addition, I did not like how the Sargent forces you to sit further back. If you have longer legs and arms this may be a gain for you.

·
Registered
878 Posts
That was quick. The Sargent and Kawi Gel seats are sold. I still have the Corbins, but it is for a 2011 Z1000 I had. Not sure if it fits the same model Ninja 1000. It connects different than the '14 Ninja 1000 and has a smaller pillion seat.

I have an ad up for these in the For Sale - Wanted section with pics. I goofed up and put them in the wrong section, and finding a Mod around here proves difficult at best. If anyone can help me get that post moved I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the 2018 ergo fit oem seat on my 2015 and it fits. The reach is noticeable because of the thinner nose on the west. Made me buy some motowerk footpeg because of the low seat.

·
Registered
139 Posts
57x, do you still have the gel seat? I am looking for a passenger gel seat.

The ergo seat effectively gave me an extra inch making me able to flat foot the bike.

It also compresses more than the stock seat.

·
Registered
601 Posts
FYI, if you get a lower seat on the N1k, your seat to peg spacing gets tighter, and you will end up with MORE bend at the knees. For longer duration rides this could pose a problem depending on how healthy your knees are. The stock Seat to Peg distance is already approaching high and tight sportbike-like. Not a big problem if you're of average height of up to 5'10" tall. It all depends on the rider's dimensions.

If you lower the footpegs on the N1k, then you'll run into ground clearance issues when cornering at a spirited pace. This is all probably why Kawi set the seat height and foot peg height in relation to the bike's height. Even going with a 190/55 rear tire raises the rear of the bike enough for the rider to notice when he/she puts their feet down on the ground. It's a delicate balance.

·
Registered
139 Posts
True. I had to install motowerk peg adapters.

As far as scraping is concerned, I removed feelers from my foot peg and follow the 36-42 psi air pressure. When I drop it down to 34-34/32, it will scrape just a tiny bit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I haven't tried the ergo fit seat, didn't know one existed. I started with a Kawi Gel seat, which was a little better than the stock seat. From there, I went with a Seth Laam seat, and haven't looked back. He can adjust the seat to your liking. Mine was lowered a bit, and moved me forward for better reach. I second what others say about lowering the seat height, and the increased crouch of the legs. I tend to get soar right below my knees after riding long distances.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm 5'2" in my boots, 28" inseam. I had a custom seat made for my N1K and LOVED it!!! I also had a matching tank pad. They sold with what was left of the bike post-crash.

I had the same guy make me a seat for my N300. Surprisingly, I didn't need any changes comfort-wise; the stock seat was a bezillion times more comfortable than the stock brick on the N1K. But now it's NINJA green, so it looks really cool!! However, I ended up lowering the pegs AND getting an Akra slip-on because my legs were too cramped up. Who would've thought!! I guess I didn't realize how stretched out I had been on my N1K and the NT700V before it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts