Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this something that the N1K is missing because it's lacking the physical components? Or is it simply a software thing they've omitted to keep it exclusively to their performance bikes?

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
This really depends on how you would define "engine braking" because technically, you could influence engine braking on a lawnmower based on how high you set the idle speed......I know, that's stupid, but there are a lot of factors that a person could mess with that adjusted engine braking...even on the original bike. Someone like Ivan , and his ecu flash, would have had no difficulty doing this on something as okd as the 2011.

But, if you were looking for a button that would adjust this engine braking up, or down, this would have been very easy to do with a 2020 and the ride by wire platform. Like you said, the software didnt make this feature available.

·
Registered
'05 CBR1000RR, '18 CBR1000RR SP, '21 Ninja 1000SX
202 Posts
In the Rideology App, there is a Kawasaki Engine Braking Control (KEBC) option but it's greyed out.
So, they may not have implemented it or it's moniker for the new firmware to hook up to it when they release it.

As a side note, looks like KEBC is available in their 10R since 2016.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The rideology app option light up when connected to a bike with that option and are greyed out for those bikes not equipped or featured.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I had it on my H2 SX. It made the bike jerk around like crazy. Ivan's tune does lower engine braking, mostly because he eliminates fuel cut-off. It is reduced by not a lot.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This really depends on how you would define "engine braking" because technically, you could influence engine braking on a lawnmower based on how high you set the idle speed......I know, that's stupid, but there are a lot of factors that a person could mess with that adjusted engine braking...even on the original bike. Someone like Ivan , and his ecu flash, would have had no difficulty doing this on something as okd as the 2011.

But, if you were looking for a button that would adjust this engine braking up, or down, this would have been very easy to do with a 2020 and the ride by wire platform. Like you said, the software didnt make this feature available.
IVAN corrected my engine braking...Soooo much better now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts