Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 KAWASAKI NINJA1000Z ABS
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO FELLOW NIJNA riders i was just wondering if it came down to replacing my engine and gear box for a 2013 ninja1000z abs how difficult would it be to find one and an estimate of the cost also if i had to would i be able to put a newer engine in that frame

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome thanks for the info just knowing that they are not too hard to find does put me at ease im just looking at worst case i did buy used and im not sure who owned it before me

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
Probably easiest to stay within the 11-13 range...like jjs said, z or ninja engine is the same for those specific years.

Are you having issues with 3 rd gear?

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no however maybe its just me but some time when im shifting it doesnt go into gear its like it pop out also again maybe just me it seems be running ruff i have done all the maintenance required for a smooth running bike i new to thses kind of bikes ive always had street and trails bikes over the years

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
While it's the same basic engine and frame and they will all bolt together, the electrics changed a little from model year to model year. Parts were moved, brackets changed a little bit, etc. Definitely you'll want to stick with the same series engine you had, 2011-2013.

e.g. In 2014 they made ABS standard, changed how the speedo is sensed and moved the R/R.

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
Step one would be to determine if you have transmission issues. I would check the shift linkage and verify that the clutch is ok. Rough running can be caused by many other issues. If it happened to be a clogged fuel pump, the new motor won't help at all .

I know an engine swap might sound easier, but what are the choices? If you stay within the 11-13 years, the best you can do is to find a used eBay engine. I see a few engines that are selling for 2000-2500. That's a lot to spend and hope it's better than what you have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Individual NIJNA riders I was simply contemplating whether it came down to supplanting my motor and stuff box for a 2013 ninja1000z abs how troublesome would it be to find one and a gauge of the expense likewise assuming I needed to would I have the option to put a more current motor there

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
I don't know of a better place to find used engines than eBay. Prices appear to be about 800 USD and up to whatever you care to spend. Plus the shipping You could do a lot of repairing before you spent that much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts