Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share my latest project.

After reading all the information on this forum, I decided to run a new accessory circuit. I added a fused wire to the battery and ran it up to the left fairing where I mounted a relay and used the accessory connection to trigger the relay.

I purchased a dual port charger from Amazon for under $15 (to charge my iPhone and my Sena 10C) and also purchased 3
from ebay (more about the buttons in a minute). I mounted the USB port and the buttons to the left of the gauge cluster:

I wired the buttons to a used car home link module I purchased on eBay. I sealed up the home link module and attached it to the harness below the buttons:

Now I can charge my phone as well as open any of my 3 garage doors by pushing one of the buttons, but the buttons will only work if the key is turned on. I also wired the buttons to illuminate when the key is on.

Key Off:

Key On:

·
Registered
93 Posts
What do all 3 of those buttons do? Obviously one is the garage door opener - what about the other 2? Just curious as to what other cool things might happen on your bike :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts