Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
Does it also help with wind noise? My boss had a set of those Bose noise canceling headphones. These were the expensive ones. I borrowed them and walked into a noisy, industrial area and it was amazing...total silence, for the most part. There was some noise, but maybe 5% of what it really was. I thought about how nice that would be on a motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
2014 Green N1K
191 Posts
The Sena comes with small speakers that mount inside the helmet. It does nothing for wind noise.

I have tried wired earphones (the Sena also has 3.5mm jack) from Fuze custom earphones. The kit comes with a polymer that molds to the shape of your ears. It hardens quick! That works to keep noise out and clean sound in your ears. I just do not like the wire rubbing my neck or pulling when I'm looking around.

I currently use a pair of high fidelity earplugs. Like these a lot. Probably buy another set as a back up.

Been wanting to try the Windjammer II. Its a neoprene band that goes around the helmet. Provides a seal around your neck to keep wind noise out. Reviews seem good.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I tried to get my helmet on with Shure earbuds and there is no way to keep them in place and get my helmet on and not room to adjust them when they pull out. I am probably better without the mental distraction of music.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000 ABS
7 Posts
For normal riding, I've got the Ear Peace Motorsports plugs, mentioned earlier, which I like quite a bit. I also figured I'd pick up a pair of Plugfones Liberate 2.0. I haven't tried them yet, because my old phone's BT is roached, and my new phone comes in tomorrow.

If you're interested, I'll put up a review when I get around to testing them out.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
I tried to get my helmet on with Shure earbuds and there is no way to keep them in place and get my helmet on and not room to adjust them when they pull out. I am probably better without the mental distraction of music.

Lsx, I find the music to be helpful. Almost oposite to your experience. Maybe it's my special needs status, but wind noise turns me into a 4 yr old kid. It doesnt take much of it before I'm freaked out. I've never bought any headphones that cost more than 15.00. I'll usually buy something Sony branded, complete with cord, just like 1980.

It's hard to get the earbuds to stay in place with any of the racing helmets, but my Bell rs1 doesnt have issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use the custom molded plugs, they used to get them for us at work every other year. I would use the ""old pair" for riding and shooting.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I recommend getting the best buds you can with a flatter design - then custom mold it in (super easy). There is no rubbing with the ones I chose although as I mentioned in a previous post, I did not get that right the first time. I do not see the manufacturers that have mold-able earbud options winning any ratings over the earbuds you can buy for a much less cost and get better sound range, quality, and volume out of them.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ninja 1000, do you have a specific model in mind when you say "flatter design"?
I went with RHA since they are super slim. I honestly wish they were a little louder but they work well.

As you can see they are super slim in the ear. Absolutely no rubbing when taking helmet on and off.

Reactions: rcannon409
41 - 49 of 49 Posts