Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wanted to throw the question out to the forum.
What ear plugs or ear buds do you guys wear and recommend while riding?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Factory Samsung that came with phone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use radians moldable ear plugs from Amazon and they're amazing. I paid around 10$ for mine and they're a life saver on a long trip. As far as music goes, I always use the Vance and Hines Urban Brawlers!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I use NoNoise Motorsport plugs, great at blocking wind noise and yet I can use my helmet's bluetooth and Cardo Scala G9x with good clarity. They are reusable and do not bother or irritate the ears. Horns, etc., are audible. Can't ride without them, wind noise is a killer. My helmet is a Shark Race R-Pro.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I use my SENA 20S for sound other than the bike, and I have a set of basic ear-plugs I use from LiveMusic off of Amazon. I find they can be sub par though.

I'm always curious in other's use for hearing protection, link some stuff up!

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Sony has a very small ear bud I use. The model number constantly changes. Usually around 20.00.

I look for the smallest set I can find

·
Registered
681 Posts
NoNoise Motorsport ear plugs

I use my SENA 20S for sound other than the bike, and I have a set of basic ear-plugs I use from LiveMusic off of Amazon. I find they can be sub par though.

I'm always curious in other's use for hearing protection, link some stuff up!
Here's the link to what I use. Great product as it filters out the wind noise and dampens the exhaust roar (especially welcome for users of a full system exhaust;) ). And yet you can still use your helmet intercom and Bluetooth. It's available on 'Zilla as well for $30.

http://www.nonoise-earplugs.com/en/products/motorsport/

·
Registered
328 Posts
I use the orange foam ones you buy in big bags at the home depot. It takes a lot of the sound down (mainly wind and exhaust) but I can still hear pretty good. I can hear my Sena 20S just fine with them and they are easy to find and inexpensive.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I dont use anything, wind noise isnt an issue and i like to hear the note of the engine.

Reactions: Mark Drabsch

·
Registered
711 Posts
These are what I have been using for a few years now: https://www.alpinehearingprotection.com/earplugs/motosafe/

35 bucks and I love them. They can be easily washed and the filters swapped out. I think I'm going on 4 years with them. They were in my stocking from my now wife a few Christmas' ago.

Here's the link to what I use. Great product as it filters out the wind noise and dampens the exhaust roar (especially welcome for users of a full system exhaust;) ). And yet you can still use your helmet intercom and Bluetooth. It's available on 'Zilla as well for $30.

http://www.nonoise-earplugs.com/en/products/motorsport/
These look almost exactly like what my LiveMusic set is.
https://www.amazon.com/Musicians-Motorcycle-Concerts-Fidelity-Protection/dp/B013H8FUVA/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1483988576&sr=8-4&keywords=Ear+plugs+motorcycle

Looks like most companies are doing something similar.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use the alpine ones with the filters as well. I can't stand super effective hearing protection on the bike, I HATE riding around only being able to hear myself breathing. The alpine ones cut the worst of the wind noise and are comfortable to wear.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
If you're interested in earplugs, I highly recommend buying a sample bag, that has several brands and sizes, so that you can try them out. People's ear canals can vary greatly. What works for most, does not even come close to workign for my ears. While you're trying them out, I also recommend going on long rides to do so. And one hour minimum, to see if they get uncomfortable. I've had earplugs that seemed to work good, and were comfy, but then on 1+ hour rides, they started to get painful, due to them applying too much pressure in my ear canal. You don't want to drop $30 on a 200 count pack, and then find that out after the fact.

I've bought sample bags from these guys before : http://www.earplugstore.com/ Once I found the ones I liked, I bought a bulk box from Amazon, as it was about $15 cheaper, though that may vary depending on what you end up liking.

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Etymotic HF5s

Etymotic Research | hf5 Earphones

Not cheap, but they do a fantastic job of cutting the wind noise while providing great sound for my tunes without cranking the volume way up. I've used different Ety's over the years; one of the earlier versions recommended wetting the silicone plug to get a better seal, so I still do that most of the time because most of my riding is highway speeds now.

I also got a pair of the safety ones for use on my tractors.

Etymotic Research | HD?Safety? Earplugs + Earphones

They're a lot cheaper so I'm not putting as much wear (and dirt) on my fancier set. The music sound quality isn't as good, but, by gum, they do a much better job of cutting the tractor noise than the higher fidelity ones do. It's amazing how they can design a product to do a very specific job optimally.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts