Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
Doesn't look terribly unusual to me. It's not unusual for the OEM tires to wear quickly. Lots of reports here of needing to replace them in 3500-5000 miles. See lots of discussion on this forum about tires that give higher mileage or better grip.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Doesn't look terribly unusual to me. It's not unusual for the OEM tires to wear quickly. Lots of reports here of needing to replace them in 3500-5000 miles. See lots of discussion on this forum about tires that give higher mileage or better grip.
I agree with this.

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
I think we need to “pin” a few stickies on the forum home page. One will say “if you have to ask if a tire needs to be replaced, it does!”
I'll make the header post: "I think this tire needs replacing." 🤣
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
I only did that once. I wasn't far from home when I saw the white . Lesson learned especially when it's raining and you see the white .

Reactions: SkiMotoCH

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the consensus seems to be “probably”? Im just surprised the OEM tires wore out so quick. Ive heard people say they do go quick but I expected at least 6k miles, not 3500.
Also, is it true I am not leaning enough? I have chicken strips?

·
Registered
773 Posts
So the consensus seems to be “probably”? Im just surprised the OEM tires wore out so quick. Ive heard people say they do go quick but I expected at least 6k miles, not 3500.
I didn't mention that because of chicken strips. They are not a judge of your riding ability, or your lean angle, or how you approach and handle the curves. The s22's have more meat in the lean area of the tire than they do on the center or the edge (chicken strip area). All my s21/s22 wore more quickly in the center and the edges than they did in the area at about 30-40 degrees lean. It was just my funny way of saying if you do more lean type of roads, you could get a few more miles out of the rear. I do agree with the others, it's time to start tire shopping!

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
That's like asking if you are turning enough. The answer to that is never, I suppose.

I wouldn't let the way my tire wears, or how others thought change how I enjoyed riding my motorcycle.

These are soft, low quality tires that don't last very long under the best conditions.

If you watch people race, they are leaning because they have to . If they could make it through a corner, straight up and down, they would .

·
Registered
609 Posts
"Chicken Strips" are my pet hate they get people hurt - Did you enjoy your ride? Woot they are perfect - Did you run wide and almost kill people? Lean more

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. Replace those tires. I bought my bike at 3000 miles with similar tread. Rode like **** in the rain on the way home. Put Michelin Road 6's on it the next day. I've been running PR series tires for years. Couldn't be happier.

2. Discount the opinion of anyone using the term "chicken strips". They're either an idiot or a douchebag.

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
To quote myself from elsewhere...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts