Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have one of these parts laying around 43027. It is the white piece of plastic in the top of the brake reservoir?
Font Line Parallel Circle Auto part

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well while I wait to see if the Kawasaki part comes out of back-order, I took a stab and ordered a local part at a Honda shop (they had them in-stock). It "looks" the same from the picture so who knows...

For the record, I am thinking I damaged mine when working on my brake bleeding in a prior post. I have some scuffing and thinking that may have something to do with the seal (and ABS light still on) - but who knows...

·
Premium Member
15,466 Posts
That reservoir isn't very important to the overall system. It's a lot like the overflow bottle on our cooling system. Maybe even less important than that. If you had to, a person could ride for several hours without the reservoir in place. Maybe even days. Over time you would want it in place, but not over a day or so. As the brake pads wear, the pistons stick out of the caliper more. This means the system holds a little more fluid and it gravity feeds fro the reservoir into the master cylinder and lines. It doesn't circulate to any degree.

It doesn't have any sort of electrical connection to the abs system. A person would want to keep some fluid in there, but the system would have no idea if it really did have fluid in it, or if that part was missing.

As our brake pads wear, the reservoir let's more fluid fill the brake system. That's about all it does.

I'll bet the Honda piece is the same. If you needed to, order an entire bottle from the onda. It's simple to change. The choice to look at Honda parts is a good one. Honda tends to offer brake parts as pieces that are low cost. Kawasaki likes high cost assemblies.

An abs light will be related to something else. I can't think of any way the missing piece would be involved.

As I drove to work, I remember having a spare reservoir from a Suzuki.....it may be the same as what you need? Give me a day, or so and I'll dig through my mess and see if I can find it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx RC. I agree that I have really not found my abs fix yet. I did use the vacuum bleeder again this past weekend but had not had a chance to try and reset to see if I got all the air out or if I managed to do something else.

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honda part fit…

·
Premium Member
15,466 Posts
Nice. Glad to hear that. I am still looking for my part. I'm sure its here, but ????

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ABS light still on. I will take to the dealer in the fall with the replacement brake line I have and have them swap it out and see what happened. The brakes are working perfectly so not sure what it is. I even tried reverse bleeding using a syringe and then bleed.

·
Premium Member
15,466 Posts
Does your rear abs work? I suspect it doesn't?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am guessing both back and front ABS is not operational.

·
Premium Member
15,466 Posts
The rear would be easy and safe to test. Maybe that would offer some other indication of what was wrong?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I will check the next weekend if is not raining.

·
Registered
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
5 Posts
Dunno what year your bike is, but As a systems admin, I'd say Treat it like a computer ...... Disconnect the sensor, disconnect the battery, then connect the battery back and start the bike.

Shut it off, disconnect battery, reconnect abs sensor, reconnect battery, then start the bike.

Ecu should detect the change between starts with the sensor disconnected on start, and then connected on restart.

That's worked for me in the past. You may have already tried that, if so my apologies, just something I had success with previously.

Very possible the sensor could be either dirty or bad, and it's a simple fix by just replacing the sensor instead of taking to the dealer and incurring that cost

1 - 12 of 12 Posts