Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE
19 Posts
Definitely no P position on the 2020/21
Agreed. The lock barrel is presumably the same one as what Suzuki use.
Their Owners Manual's say's to limit using the P position to under 10 minutes to save from a flat battery issue.

This post is a 'test' as my New Member Intro post has been stuck in limbo 'awaiting moderation' for 7 days, and email to one Admin unanswered for 2 days.
One day it may appear, one would hope. I am not wasting more time on it.

Rob.
Slower and Slower.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Our mods are good guys, but I believe they cover multiple forums. Not just this one, and we dont see them very often.. Welcome. My friend crashed his dads Goldwing. By that point, I was 16 and had my own xs 11. I crashed it several times, but State Farm kept fixing it.

Back then (1982) we didnt have any training programs. Bikes were cheap. 1/2 of list price was a normal out the door price.

That xs11 also had the park position, but to make up for it, there were self canceling turn signals. They were not always accurate, but way better than what we have today (nothing).

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE
19 Posts
I had a Workmate who had a Yamaha XS of what size I don't now remember, could have been the 850cc. That would have been around 1974 'ish.
The thing that I remember most about it was the adjustability of the fork or top plate mounted articulated casting of the clip on type handle bar. Same arrangement for each side, of course.
The hand grips mounts were splined in 2 places, so they could be adjusted both vertically and horizontally in somewhere around 15 deg variable position's.
Like the simple adjuster of a gear selector lever that does not use the threaded rod adjuster method. You remove the locking bolt, rotate it to suit, and slide it back over the spline and bolt it up again.
The splines were not parallel, more like sprocket teeth in shape. Quite good I thought then, sadly dropped by today's bikes.

Rob.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I leave the key in always at home and most of the time on the road. It only comes out when I'm on the road overnight. At meal stops we always park the bikes where we can see them and I put my gloves over the radar detector and GPS if it's mounted. They come off overnight. I probably would be a lot more careful in densely populated areas.
I used to leave my key in the bike at home until one night when I forgot to close the garage door. Someone came into my garage that night, stole my stereo out of the garage and my bike. I'll never do that again.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts