Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
The throttle is a good bit more responsive in Sport Mode, however I prefer Road mode for everyday riding. It is more linear and smooth. Rain mode feels like you have a parachute behind you. On the track, I typically run it in Sport mode.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interesting - I have not felt a diff between Road & Sport....yet, but Rain for sure.
I ride in road always - manual says road = Full Pwr & Traction control 2.

The manual says:

but then contradicts its self with this chart -

·
Registered
319 Posts
Traction control has four setting, off, level 1, level 2, and level 3. Level 3 offering the most traction control, level 2 less, level 1 even less, and of course off offers no traction control interference. Power levels include F = full and L = low where low is reducing the power to about 75%. There are four Modes, Sport, Road, Rain, and Rider (if Rider mode is turned on). I default to Sport Mode with the exception of a wet (raining) or slippery (snow/ice) surface. Occasionally I will go to Rider mode that I have configured to full power and traction off. I never use Road mode. I have had the traction engage a few times while in Sport Mode.

I cannot find in the manual that says Road is full traction, rather traction level 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts