Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't take as many pictures as I should have but you get the idea. Used a regular about 2x3" opener and used velcro to attach it to the underside of the left fairing. I mounted a small push button switch in the cover that goes around the cluster. I also removed the sticker for the windshield adjuster while I had it off.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Is the circuitboard back in the case?
I put mine in a ziplock bag, and wrapped with electrical tape, to insure no moisture got to it.
wouldn't want rain or anything to get inside...

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Great idea. I think I will do the same.

By the way, I wonder if the chinese companies selling them, on ebay, can go ahead and stop calling them "wireless"...No, we though it would come with very long wires that went to our car...

Its funny, but this project could be completed for under 5.00.

Remember around 1985 when you'd break one of your openers? This soon led to a visit by a super sketchy guy. Then you realized it was never anyone's life long passion to wind garage door springs, and the experience would cost you 35-45 dollars.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sweet mod. If I commuted every day this would be a must..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is there anyway way we can see the images somehow ? I'd be interested to mount something for the door as well.

Reactions: Lag 4

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was trying to see if I could mount a button in the USB charger 28mm spot. Maybe even use the actual remote, and solder a new button into the circuitry... Well, I'll give it some more thoughts.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
\

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask.
Cant see the images,,. Im not clear on how the button triggers the remote, is it hard wired into the remote or wireless?

·
Registered
316 Posts
right click on the images and select open image in new tab if you are using chrome, they come up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts