Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a little miss hap with my bike last summer and scratched the clutch cover case. Did any ever undo the clutch cover and have it painted it? Is it worth it? I am trying to get the cover off without undoing the side fairing and it seems like a lot of work. Just wondering if I should just leave it like that... would be nice not to have the scratches... just wondering..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage. I ran across the T-Rex engine case covers on Ebay the other day and I think they look pretty good. For $139.00 could it cover up the damage and perhaps prevent further injury?

As I was trying to take my Ninja off of a stand, I slooowwwwly layed it down and scratched the left side cover. Its barely noticeable but it still bugs me.

T Rex Racing 2011 2016 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Z1000SX Engine Case Covers Savers | eBay

Funny thing is, they don't yet have them posted on their official web site, only on eBay.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The case protectors are ok but they d'ont look as nice as without them in my opinon, but it probably won't cost that much to just re paint.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If it is not too bad, you can just buy some engine paint at the local auto store and spray the area in question. I had a small scratch on the cover of my Daytona and fixed it that way. You can tell the difference up close but not from more than 2-3 feet away. Depends how perfect you want it :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a little miss hap with my bike last summer and scratched the clutch cover case. Did any ever undo the clutch cover and have it painted it? Is it worth it? I am trying to get the cover off without undoing the side fairing and it seems like a lot of work. Just wondering if I should just leave it like that... would be nice not to have the scratches... just wondering..
Isn't that the metallic spark black paint sold by colorite and/or touch up direct?

·
Registered
11,262 Posts
If you paint it, look for that paint you have to bake in the oven after coating.

Bake it while the wife is at work. Its very durable after cooking, but stinks like crazy.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you paint it, look for that paint you have to bake in the oven after coating.

Bake it while the wife is at work. Its very durable after cooking, but stinks like crazy.
Not necessary.
I did a temp paint fix on mine.
Just some engine enamel paint (matte only I could find in black in the shop).
Did 3 layers, and they hold up perfectly after 10 000km.

·
Registered
11,262 Posts
Honestly, its not a requirement to do anything. so none of this is necessary.

No, the baked paint is not necessary, but its awesome. If you end up spraying brake cleaner, or dripping gas on it, nothing happens. (after curing).

VHT Caliper Paint -- High Heat Coatings

Being that its on an engine, it might get hot enough to cure on its own, once you run the bike for some time. I found the satin black to be a good match.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts