Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone have any fitment or quality experience on Delkevic muffler for the 2021 n1k? Specifically, I am looking at the 13.5" Titanium oval. I really like the Yoshi carbon fiber, but the Delkevic seems to sound pretty good and is close to half the price.
I have the 14" Full System and I love it. Build quality is great, the weight removed is great and the sound with the baffle is perfect, its not to loud to annoy but loud enough where you can be heard by cagers and feel the bike in the throttle. The quick shift up and down gives some nice pops depending on RPM.

Worth every penny and priced perfectly.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
45 Posts
I put a full Delkevic setup on mine with the 8” carbon fiber round muffler with the baffle in, I love the sound, the fueling is perfect, even at low speeds. I think they managed this by making the primary tubes smaller than stock, if someone ever does come out with a tune for the 20/21 I’ll be all over it, but I will then pony up for the Acra headers to get the most out of it, but the muffler will stay, us Americans like it loud and it is loud, even with the baffle in. I had the Acra on my last bike and it was not loud enough, even for a RSV4. I have weighed the stock parts and the new system and it was a difference of 22lbs, that’s 9.97 kg everywhere else, that puts the bike under 500 lbs, do the math yourselves, and that’s another bike plus

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put a full Delkevic setup on mine with the 8” carbon fiber round muffler with the baffle in, I love the sound, the fueling is perfect, even at low speeds. I think they managed this by making the primary tubes smaller than stock, if someone ever does come out with a tune for the 20/21 I’ll be all over it, but I will then pony up for the Acra headers to get the most out of it, but the muffler will stay, us Americans like it loud and it is loud, even with the baffle in. I had the Acra on my last bike and it was not loud enough, even for a RSV4. I have weighed the stock parts and the new system and it was a difference of 22lbs, that’s 9.97 kg everywhere else, that puts the bike under 500 lbs, do the math yourselves, and that’s another bike plus
Can you post a picture? Do you find it to be to loud on long rides?

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
45 Posts
View attachment 32228
Please forgive the crappy pic, the bike is very new. Take note of the dog leg bracket that comes down from the passenger peg bracket to the muffler, it was upside down. When I flipped it, it made the angle of the muffler better match the angle of the seats. That made a world of difference in the looks dept. I'll get better pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
45 Posts
Does that view attachment link work for you? It keeps opening another window to a site announcements page, not sure why. Nevermind

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
45 Posts
Wow it looks nice. Are you in the USA? I'm trying to buy these but delkevics website only lets me add it to a wish list I can't seem to purchase them
Oh, thats not good, yes I am in the U.S. and I am seeing the same thing. Better send them a email, They usually respond quickly. Edit: just looked again and it just seems to be the 1000SX

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Look great. If Delkevic had single-sided headers when I bought mine, I would've gone with them.

Reactions: 02603SEC

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
45 Posts
This is the reply I just received from them:
Hello Mike,
Thank you for your interest in our products. Our 4-1 for the Ninja 1000SX is temporarily out of stock. We have more inventory coming to us and it may be here by the end of this week. Once we have everything in stock and ready to ship, the inventory will be replenished online, and you will be able to add it to your cart.
Regards,
Gob

Delkevic US
303-962-2739
www.delkevic.com

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I bought mine almost 2yrs ago. 2020 1000SX had just came out. I asked the Delkevic US distributor if they were planning on a single-sided version, but they did not know at the time. I ended up buying a set of Delkevic 4-into-2 headers and was planning on modding it into 4-into-1. Then I found Lextrek 4-into-1 for cheap, so I took the easy route. It worked out well, but I could clearly see Delkevic is better quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the reply I just received from them:
Hello Mike,
Thank you for your interest in our products. Our 4-1 for the Ninja 1000SX is temporarily out of stock. We have more inventory coming to us and it may be here by the end of this week. Once we have everything in stock and ready to ship, the inventory will be replenished online, and you will be able to add it to your cart.
Regards,
Gob

Delkevic US
303-962-2739
www.delkevic.com
Thank you! I emailed them and got the same response I'll be checking daily to get them as soon as I can.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
45 Posts
I bought mine almost 2yrs ago. 2020 1000SX had just came out. I asked the Delkevic US distributor if they were planning on a single-sided version, but they did not know at the time. I ended up buying a set of Delkevic 4-into-2 headers and was planning on modding it into 4-into-1. Then I found Lextrek 4-into-1 for cheap, so I took the easy route. It worked out well, but I could clearly see Delkevic is better quality.
If someone cracks the computer and can do a custom tune then I will get the Acra header, I will let you know when the Delkevic is for sale if you want?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
If someone cracks the computer and can do a custom tune then I will get the Acra header, I will let you know when the Delkevic is for sale if you want?
Thanks. Like I said, the Lextek headers work well enough for me. Sometimes good enough is just that... good enough. :)

Reactions: Bc2
21 - 34 of 34 Posts