Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any fitment or quality experience on Delkevic muffler for the 2021 n1k? Specifically, I am looking at the 13.5" Titanium oval. I really like the Yoshi carbon fiber, but the Delkevic seems to sound pretty good and is close to half the price.

Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
I'm thinking I will buy either the 10" full system:
KAWASAKI NINJA 1000SX 2020> DE-CAT EXHAUST SYSTEM XOVAL ... (delkevic.co.uk)
or the 13.5"(aka 14"): KAWASAKI NINJA 1000SX 2020> DE-CAT EXHAUST SYSTEM XOVAL ... (delkevic.co.uk)

Cost from the UK, including shipping to Australia, will be approx $910.00 South Pacific Pecos, which is very good value for me. ($AU945 (10") or $AU985 (13.5") shipped from the US) - I will have to contact the local distributor for their price as their website doesn't list these.

The 'complete systems' list from the USA store: Delkevic US Full Exhaust Systems | Kawasaki | 2021 | Ninja 1000SX

The 10"/260mm Oval Titanium sounds like: (3) Delkevic Exhaust Muffler X-Oval Titanium Short sound Kawasaki Z1000SX - YouTube
and the 14"/343mm: (3) Delkevic Exhaust Muffler X-Oval Titanium sound Kawasaki Z1000SX - YouTube

Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
I agree that the price for the apparent quality is very good.
Can't decide on which sounds better - 10" seems louder and sharper (love the flame outs in the video), whereas the 13.5" sounds deeper and smoother to me.
I'm also very interested to hear of anybody's experience with Delkovic exhausts.

Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
If all you are interested in is an "improved" look & and "improved" sound, then just buy the slip on muffler. The Delkevic headers are just as restrictive as the stock OEM headers, so IMHO, you are just wasting money buying a full Delkavic system.

I would suggest that a Akrapovic headers + a Delkavic muffler is a better solution, but it will require a ECU flash. My suggested shop is BCPerformance in Sydney who did mine using Woolich software, or Ivans in the USA who uses his own software.

Registered
Here is some info you might be interested in: Aftermarket Headers

I have Lextek headers + 18" S.S. Delkevic can on the N1k. No reflash and no fueling problems that I can perceive (flat spots, hiccups, etc.), except may be a tiny bit of bronco bucking at very slow speed and throttle cracked open a bit, but since I never did ride the bike stock, I wouldn't know if stock would've done the same. Not a big deal and I can easily minimize it with a steady throttle control, which is a good skill to have, as I've had other bikes that do this far worse. I would've gone with the Delkevic headers if only they were single sided. I actually would prefer keeping header ID same as OEM. The stock HP/torque is plenty enough to let me ride the bike the way I want to ride. I'd rather keep the same excellent ridability. My main goal was to drop weight/bulk and convert to single sided for ease of chain maintenance. Spending over $1k on exhaust and even more on tune would have been a royal waste of money in my book.

Everybody's needs and wants are different.

FWIW, I've got Delkevic slip on with 14" S.S. tri-oval on my Street Triple 765 R. If I didn't buy GPR exhaust on the K16GT, Delkevic would have been a close 2nd choice.

Reactions: MicMac

Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
If all you are interested in is an "improved" look & and "improved" sound, then just buy the slip on muffler. The Delkevic headers are just as restrictive as the stock OEM headers, so IMHO, you are just wasting money buying a full Delkavic system.

I would suggest that a Akrapovic headers + a Delkavic muffler is a better solution, but it will require a ECU flash. My suggested shop is BCPerformance in Sydney who did mine using Woolich software, or Ivans in the USA who uses his own software.
After thinking about it over-night, I realise that both Micmac & BillRoss77 have the 20/21 model N1K, so there is no ECU flash yet available. Please disregard my previous comments, and just but the slip-on muffler of your choice.

Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
Hey Murph, I hear what you're saying.
But my priorities are weight reduction first, closely followed by looks, and then extra performance a distant third (the stock performance is plenty enough for me and I also don't want to muck around/pay for extra tuning or change the air filter/box, etc).

So on that basis, I was looking at getting the LeoVince slip-on which I really like the looks of (Factory S Titanium Limited Edition Titanium for Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Sx/tourer 2020 - 2021 | LeoVince ) @ AU$776.00 - shipped
plus the MTC de-cat link pipe (Kawasaki Ninja 1000sx, Stainless De-cat exhaust pipe & clamp 鈥 Max Torque Cans @ 95 UK pounds plus 100 pounds for shipping (AU$358.00 all up).

So that would be a total of AU$1,134 compared to approx AU$910 for the full 10" Delkovic system (I like the looks of it as well).

Yes, it seems the the Akro headers with my choice of slip-on would give all three of weight saving, better looks and more performance, but more performance is not a priority, especially if it's at a major extra cost. I'm assuming the headers would be pretty expensive, but haven't investigated the delivered cost of those yet - happy to be proved wrong.

Kawasaki Australia is charging about $1,600 just for the accessory Akro slip-on for the 2020/21 SX. Way too much compared to after-market options.
Cheers

Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
My Akapovic headers (dual exhaust) cost $950 (Oz dollars) delivered from Italy to my home, but I kept the stock mufflers as I like the look of them.

If I was in your situation wanting weight reduction and improved appearance and not chasing performance, then I would probably go with the Delkovic full system solution.

Registered
Anyone have any fitment or quality experience on Delkevic muffler for the 2021 n1k? Specifically, I am looking at the 13.5" Titanium oval. I really like the Yoshi carbon fiber, but the Delkevic seems to sound pretty good and is close to half the price.
That is the one I went with as it is a very nice piece and the price is hard to beat. It also allowed me to use swingarm spools that would not work with the stock exhaust. My original plan was to go with Leo Vince black but it has been hard to come by as it has been out of stock for awhile. I am glad I went with the Delkevic as I think it fits the style of the bike quite well.

The sound is just slightly louder than stock but it looks a heck of a lot better.

Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
...I am looking at the 13.5" Titanium oval.
That is the one I went with...
The sound is just slightly louder than stock but it looks a heck of a lot better.
Did either of you look at or consider the 10" version? If so, why did you think the 13.5" was better?

Thanks for the comment on the sound - good to know.

Registered
Did either of you look at or consider the 10" version? If so, why did you think the 13.5" was better?

Thanks for the comment on the sound - good to know.
It comes down to personal preference. Go with which ever one you think looks the best.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did look at quite a few on their YouTube channel. To me, the 13.5"/14" was the sound I liked best. I'm not big on super loud exhaust, as I am old AF and my hearing is bad enough already. Performance wise, this bike is so much more than what I am used to from my HD, I don't know that I need anymore power.

I guess my concern was about the build quality of the brand.

Premium Member
I did look at quite a few on their YouTube channel. To me, the 13.5"/14" was the sound I liked best. I'm not big on super loud exhaust, as I am old AF and my hearing is bad enough already. Performance wise, this bike is so much more than what I am used to from my HD, I don't know that I need anymore power.

I guess my concern was about the build quality of the brand.
Fear not. The Delkevic components I've had were top notch and there have been lots of testimonials of folks on this forum to that effect. Just do a forum search for "Delkevic".

Registered
If you keep the stock header with the belly wart (or whatever you call that big old expansion chamber), then length of slip-ons cans won't make a whole lot of difference to overall sound. You can just about go with whatever looks "right" to you.

If you go with aftermarket headers, then a short can will get kinda loud. Not only that, a new exhaust system that is much freer flowing than stock will increase the likelihood of the stock ECU not feeding quite right, causing lean spot in parts of the RPM range. Then, retuning your fuel mapping becomes more of a necessity. Whether that is a can of worms you wish to open depends entirely on YOU. Some riders can't wait to do that.

I myself prefer a long can to keep my bike quiet, capped with a dB insert to keep back pressure as similar to stock exhaust as possible, precisely because I don't care for a retune.

No right or wrong. Just different needs and wants.

Registered
I myself prefer a long can to keep my bike quiet, capped with a dB insert to keep back pressure as similar to stock exhaust as possible, precisely because I don't care for a retune.
The stock slip on is unrestricted on the 2020. A db insert would actually be more restrictive and increase back pressure compared to stock.

The fueling is perfect with the Delkevic slip on. Better than any other bike I have every ridden, which is a lot.

Registered
The stock slip on is unrestricted on the 2020. A db insert would actually be more restrictive and increase back pressure compared to stock.

The fueling is perfect with the Delkevic slip on. Better than any other bike I have every ridden, which is a lot.
That is the case if you just change to aftermarket slip-ons. On a lot of bikes these days, that underbelly resonator chamber is the muffler, which is why I said what you install downstream of that won't make as much difference in the overall sound.

Some bikes, like my Street Triple, don't have much - if any - after that belly wart. When I installed a "slip-on", it basically replaced the belly wart. That is not the case with the N1k.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's in already, and in the bike. It does seem like it's made with a consideration on craftsmanship. Feels several pounds lighter than the stick, and has a nice low tone to it. I'm happy with it. They could use some instructions, but its pretty hard to screw up a muffler can install.

Registered
I bought the 14" CARBON FIBER OVAL MUFFLER TO FIT NINJA 1000SX (2021). It went on like a glove, fit perfect and looks/sounds great! With the baffle out, it is not too loud, but you can feel and hear it. The guys behind me say it sounds soooo smooth, especially with the quick shifting.

Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
1 - 20 of 20 Posts