Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have info about the delivery in the US of 2022 Ninja SX? Hearing conflicting reports, mostly having to do with supply chain issues, of delays. If you have good intel from a dealer, could you share it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Two weeks ago, we looked at replacing my wife's car. They could only promise 12 months delivery, across their range (Landrover). Not enough micro chips available. On that basis, I'd say it looks like demand will outstrip supply in 2022. Bike dealer stock in the UK is looking thin.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...good information. While not pertinent directly, this shortage of components (and a shortage of workers) will lead to a sharp increase in prices. I'll probably be keeping my current ride a while longer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Highly unlikely that production will return to normal as they will continue to announce new flue season variants (mostly people who took the shots getting sick) to keep the planned-panic rolling. With people quitting because companies are getting paid to force the shots, demand will decrease along with decreasing supply.

About a month ago, the Federal Reserve had to add 1 trillion dollars to the overnight banking market (REPO) to keep it solvent. In Sept of 2019, they had to add a quarter of a trillion. So, when GOVDID-19 was announced, it was obvious that they had to slow the economy to prevent a collapse. Now they're going to blame hyperinflation on GOVDID-19! brilliant.

When I was calling dealers 3 months ago, there was not-a-thing to be found. One call revealed a 3 year old with 1100 miles and I could not grab my credit card fast enough!

Good luck dialing for moto!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Highly unlikely that production will return to normal as they will continue to announce new flue season variants (mostly people who took the shots getting sick) to keep the planned-panic rolling. With people quitting because companies are getting paid to force the shots, demand will decrease along with decreasing supply.

About a month ago, the Federal Reserve had to add 1 trillion dollars to the overnight banking market (REPO) to keep it solvent. In Sept of 2019, they had to add a quarter of a trillion. So, when GOVDID-19 was announced, it was obvious that they had to slow the economy to prevent a collapse. Now they're going to blame hyperinflation on GOVDID-19! brilliant.

When I was calling dealers 3 months ago, there was not-a-thing to be found. One call revealed a 3 year old with 1100 miles and I could not grab my credit card fast enough!

Great post! I spent my 31-year career in the investment business, and actually reading something from someone who clearly knows what's happening in the country/economy is a "breath of fresh air". Most people are oblivious and simply believe what they're told. I have never seen a more bloated stock market or credit market in my life. What comes next will shock people, but until then...it's "party time" for most. "The more things change...", etc.

Maybe I'll grab that 2021 I saw at a nearby state's dealer, after all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We're off topic, but I have to disagree. Last year I lost 2 weeks of my life to Covid. Just don't remember them. I'm mid-50s and fit. Looking at this week in the UK, c.140 Covid deaths a day and nearly 10,000 taking up hospital beds and growing. Over 90% of these unfortunates chose not to get a jab (Tuesday it was reported as 99%). If everyone got jabbed, we'd all be better off and free from the threat of future lockdowns.

As to bloated stock exchanges, I take a 20-40 year view on stock market investments. A 1-2 year view is just gambling. About 20 years ago I read a study which showed 50% of managed funds beat the market performance each year. Never the same 50% each year and by 5 years, the number of managers who consistently beat the market was tiny. I forget the proportion, but it was miserably small. Since then, I haven't taken short term investment advice from anyone! Panics come and panics go, as does over-optimism / pessimism. In the long-run, it irons itself out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
We're off topic, but I have to disagree. Last year I lost 2 weeks of my life to Covid. Just don't remember them. I'm mid-50s and fit. Looking at this week in the UK, c.140 Covid deaths a day and nearly 10,000 taking up hospital beds and growing. Over 90% of these unfortunates chose not to get a jab (Tuesday it was reported as 99%). If everyone got jabbed, we'd all be better off and free from the threat of future lockdowns.

As to bloated stock exchanges, I take a 20-40 year view on stock market investments. A 1-2 year view is just gambling. About 20 years ago I read a study which showed 50% of managed funds beat the market performance each year. Never the same 50% each year and by 5 years, the number of managers who consistently beat the market was tiny. I forget the proportion, but it was miserably small. Since then, I haven't taken short term investment advice from anyone! Panics come and panics go, as does over-optimism / pessimism. In the long-run, it irons itself out.
Off topic, as you say, but I just read an article about a woman who was fully vaccinated, got COVID anyway and died. I'm not opposed to the vaccine, but I'm also not convinced it's going to stop the progression of COVID and its mutations.

Regarding the market, you're right...if you have a 20-year view. However, that long view can be tested when markets undergo a 10-year recovery from a crash caused by excessive optimism. What we have now is a market that is leveraged to the hilt. If we go into a bear again (we will), there won't be Fed bailout money...they've spent it all. Meme stocks? Tulips.

Take a look at this chart and tell yourself the market isn't bloated now:
Slope Rectangle Plot Line Font

Sorry to hear of your COVID experience. Was this before the vaccine?

·
Registered
80 Posts

More conspiracy theory BS. How many hundreds or perhaps thousands of conspiracy theories now exist about this virus? The vast majority of people that are getting sick are the ones that buy into this crap and failed to get the vaccine.

Keep in mind, there are only two possibilities; that is that one conspiracy theory on how this got started is correct or that NONE ARE. The belief that governments got together to destroy their economies is beyond preposterous. Think about this for a minute. How is it possible that a bunch of governments, many composed of opposing viewpoints, got together and unanimously decided to kill a bunch of their people, and destroy their economies with no opposition? Certainly, numerous government officials would have objected to this lunacy and blown the whistle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Off topic, as you say, but I just read an article about a woman who was fully vaccinated, got COVID anyway and died. I'm not opposed to the vaccine, but I'm also not convinced it's going to stop the progression of COVID and its mutations.
Of course it happens. The vaccines are amazingly effective about 94% of the time. 6% is still a heck of a lot of people that could be killed even if they get the vaccine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We got the vaccine, but we're appalled at the lack of concern most people are showing now. No masking, huge crowds (unmasked) in stadiums, restaurants, etc. We'll never get through this if people think we're "back to normal"...we're not. Our hospitals here are overwhelmed. Vaccinated or not, the virus is still spreading. In fact, our state's numbers are higher now than at the peak of 2020.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We got the vaccine, but we're appalled at the lack of concern most people are showing now. No masking, huge crowds (unmasked) in stadiums, restaurants, etc. We'll never get through this if people think we're "back to normal"...we're not. Our hospitals here are overwhelmed. Vaccinated or not, the virus is still spreading. In fact, our state's numbers are higher now than at the peak of 2020.
That is the way it is and it is not likely to change. This pandemic has not been handled well (I am not sure it could have) and people are tired of their lives being severely disrupted. Most folks have said F...it and are going to live their lives as they see fit, virus or not. With a large portion of the population skeptical about the vaccine we will be dealing with this for the foreseeable future. The number of variants will rise and the likelihood of this virus being eradicated is zero. The only question is how bad will it be. It will likely ebb and flow as herd immunity rises until the next variant comes along.

The supply chain disruptions will continue far longer than anyone could have imagined. Fundamental shifts have occurred and it will take YEARS to sort out.

If you are at all tempted by the Ninja buy it now. Don't wait. If you do, you may not find one again. The clock is ticking and at your age waiting is a losing strategy by several metrics. You can always sell it if it does not work out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 2021 I was looking at got sold yesterday, before I could make a decision. I'm ordering a 2022 today at my local dealer. My concern is, as you point out, the supply issue might make getting one problematic.

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
83 Posts
Here in Canada, I found a few 2021's and even a 2020 in stock at local dealers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts