Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve never liked all the green decals on my 2020. Today I was cleaning the bike and impulsively decided today was the day. Three rows of green stripes came off. I left the two middle stripes as they are subtle and make the wheel stripes look appropriate. I did not want to take them off.

I love the look. I’ve added a picture I just took yesterday to show the difference.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Motorcycle

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve never liked all the green decals on my 2020. Today I was cleaning the bike and impulsively decided today was the day. Three rows of green stripes came off. I left the two middle stripes as they are subtle and make the wheel stripes look appropriate. I did not want to take them off.

I love the look. I’ve added a picture I just took yesterday to show the difference.

View attachment 34241

View attachment 34238

View attachment 34237

View attachment 34240
First thing I did was remove the red decals on the wheel rims. Then change the hideous screen for a smaller one

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
614 Posts
Quite a subtle change but soothing.
Are you using the Givi long windshield?

Reactions: Geoff C

·
Registered
407 Posts
Looks great!! Definitely better than with all the original stickers.

Reactions: jjscsix

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000 ABS
82 Posts
I have wished mine had some green. But yours looks much better with less green. It was looking pretty busy on the front.

Reactions: jjscsix

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have wished mine had some green. But yours looks much better with less green. It was looking pretty busy on the front.
Yeah, it’s interesting to look down through my pictures then see the last picture as it came from the factory. It makes it look way over done

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
You just took like 20 horsepowers off your bike.
Yeah but he took .3 ounces off so it's lighter, it's weight from up high so it corners easier and the extra ridges he removed means less air resistance so it's faster as well!
Now he's down the the racing stripes just like I had on my '64 Nova so...groovy man! 😎

At the time I added the racing stipes I was sure it added 20 hp to the car. (or at least looked like it added power. :) )

What I really want to know is how you put so many miles on the bike and don't have paint chips and wear on the front end. @ 20k miles mine has dings and chips everywhere.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah but he took .3 ounces off so it's lighter, it's weight from up high so it corners easier and the extra ridges he removed means less air resistance so it's faster as well!
Now he's down the the racing stripes just like I had on my '64 Nova so...groovy man! 😎

At the time I added the racing stipes I was sure it added 20 hp to the car. (or at least looked like it added power. :) )

What I really want to know is how you put so many miles on the bike and don't have paint chips and wear on the front end. @ 20k miles mine has dings and chips everywhere.
Difference between living in a big city (Houston) where I spent time on busy Freeways and now running stretches of road where its not unusual to ride 20 miles without seeing another vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts