Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The supply-chain plus semiconductor problem is really impacting vehicle sales. My Kawi dealer cannot get a new 2021 Ninja SX and tells me it's likely I'll have to wait until next spring, and order a 2022 model.

I see a couple of SX's on the east coast, but since I'd be trading my BMW S1000RR for the SX, I've got to wait for my dealer to get the bike.

How widespread is this issue in other parts of the country (I'm in the Pacific Northwest)?

·
Registered
2016 Ninja
145 Posts
Dealers are running out of new stuff here in CA. There was an initial, delayed shipment (thanks Suez) of 2021 Hondas and BMWs to the local dealer, but they've since been picked clean for the most part. Only things left on the floor are trade ins and >$12k bikes, mostly Harleys. Harley seems to be not as affected...but Harley. The Suzuki/Yamaha dealer is completely out of new bikes, only UTVs left. Was glad to test ride the Rebel 1100 before they all got swooped; only took a week and all six were gone, even the tester bike.

Reactions: BEARR

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve been dying to get my hands on a 2021 H2 SX SE +. And they said they can’t get a hold of them

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Makes me wonder...how are these dealers making any money, if they can't get product to sell??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Makes me wonder...how are these dealers making any money, if they can't get product to sell??
Last year before I bought my 19 N1K I was gearing up to buy a Harley but I saw the N1K at too good of a price and pulled the trigger. At Harley I couldn’t find a street glide for the life of me. The dealer said that everyone at the manufacturing places were getting laid off or just closed down because of the situation. I’m not sure if that info is true, just what I heard. They also said that was the same for every other manufacturer.

·
Registered
2016 Ninja
145 Posts
Skeleton crew of floor staff to sell all the trade ins and really pedalling accessories and services. There's enough people willing to get their fluids and tires changed for $90-120/hr shop rate.

Speaking of which, would you like to purchase a 3 year KawasakiCare extended warranty on your 2013 Ninja 300 with 15,384 miles?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The supply-chain plus semiconductor problem is really impacting vehicle sales. My Kawi dealer cannot get a new 2021 Ninja SX and tells me it's likely I'll have to wait until next spring, and order a 2022 model.

I see a couple of SX's on the east coast, but since I'd be trading my BMW S1000RR for the SX, I've got to wait for my dealer to get the bike.

How widespread is this issue in other parts of the country (I'm in the Pacific Northwest)?
look up House of Kawasaki in Oklahoma they have a few in the back in crates.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
look up House of Kawasaki in Oklahoma they have a few in the back in crates.
Buying from another state (I've done it) is a bit cumbersome...and expensive. Plus, I'd be doing a trade-in, and that becomes complicated if the bike is 500 miles away, much less something like 1400 miles away. Good thought, though...thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Buying from another state (I've done it) is a bit cumbersome...and expensive. Plus, I'd be doing a trade-in, and that becomes complicated if the bike is 500 miles away, much less something like 1400 miles away. Good thought, though...thanks.
I sell cars for a living. This shortage is a risk buying experience for sure. Either you commit to it or just wait. Hate to say it that way. But that's the cold truth. I originally was going to buy a RS660 but my Manager said since I have back issues, it will be the worst mistake I'll make. The bike was located 4Hrs away from me but I decided to go with the 1000SX which I will be taking on delivery tomorrow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sell cars for a living. This shortage is a risk buying experience for sure. Either you commit to it or just wait. Hate to say it that way. But that's the cold truth. I originally was going to buy a RS660 but my Manager said since I have back issues, it will be the worst mistake I'll make. The bike was located 4Hrs away from me but I decided to go with the 1000SX which I will be taking on delivery tomorrow.
Agree on the back issue thing...and also on the SX being the right bike. I envy you...I cannot get one until next year, unless I want to buy out of state. By the way, your manager seems to be someone with your best interests at heart...that's excellent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Agree on the back issue thing...and also on the SX being the right bike. I envy you...I cannot get one until next year, unless I want to buy out of state. By the way, your manager seems to be someone with your best interests at heart...that's excellent.
He said I wouldn't enjoy a Supersport especially if I ride 8 hrs in one day with the boys. He said since my first bike was a sport that I will have no complaints about 8hr rides, that I will on a SS. Everyone at this Ford dealership basically owns a Bike. I learned everything on the Ex500 and will be taking this one slowly haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure what part of the PNW you're in, but it looks like there is one at Wildhorse Kawasaki in Bend, OR. Their website doesn't have the detail filled in, but their new inventory includes page for a bike with a model number of ZX1002KMFNL. That's the right model number I think and they've got a VIN listed for it, so maybe they actually have one. Might be worth a call to them if Bend is close enough to you. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I bought my '18 N1k from a dealer in Altus, OK. Had to drive through a snow storm in the dark to get there. Darn near froze my fingers trying to tie the bike down on the trailer that January morning. Well worth it for the price I got.

I've also done fly-n-rides. VFR1200F from Denver, and K1600GT from OKC. Had a blast both times.

Reactions: BEARR

·
Registered
532 Posts
I rode my Ninja 1000 a few hours to get a ZX10R. I was planning on riding the N1K home but I could not get it to start, so they trailered the N1K and I rode the ZX10R home instead. 🙃

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sometimes dealers will swap bikes to get one for a customer. I've had that happen with a BMW HP4. I know there are SX's out there and I've asked my dealer if he'd be willing to do that with another dealer (there looks to be an SX about 500 miles from here).

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE
76 Posts
To save myself the effort of retyping, here a C & P of a post I made yesterday on the GSX-S1000 Forum:

" Not GSX-S related, but today I signed up for a 2021 Suzuki 650 V Strom.
Delivery is a bit vague, perhaps 2 weeks to 2 months, but 2 weeks looks better as they had just 4 White full power ones in stock at the Suzuki HQ Warehouse in Cherry Lane, Melbourne.

All Stock must be in single figures as before they will ship out the bike, they demand a email from the Dealer with a signed Customer Contract and a copy of the Customer deposit.
Good for me as then a hungry Dealer can't buy up all the remaining stock and fill their empty shop. Is this happening elsewhere overseas ?

The 21 Ninja SX SE 1K has just gone to a new lucky Owner, and the Wee Strom will be a bigger brother to my new SV650 I got 2 months back.
I love the little SV; it taps away like a good V Twin, growls like a GSX-S and my legs are less cramped up. Sit 'in' the bike, rather than 'on' it, also like the GSX-S, just another big plus in a list of many.

Suzuki wasn't able to say when the just released 2021 GSX-S1K is to turn up, only late 21."

Rob.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 21 had just hit the showroom floor 1 day before I called and put my deposit down to hold it. I had another dealership tell me part of the problem was the "dock worker strike" going on in several ports in the country? He says inventory is sitting in shipping containers, but I no idea how true that is.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE
76 Posts
Lucky its not in a container on the Ever Given container ship.
It's still under arrest in the Suez Canal Egypt going nowhere till the Owners cough up for parking it sideways.
I very much doubt the Egyptians have allowed those hostage containers to be unloaded.

Rob.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts