Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you buy the seat totally ready to put on or did you buy a cover and use the oem seat. Asking bc ive seen that pattern on eBay and they say its a cover only. Where did you buy the seat if I may ask its exactly what I want.

·
Registered
946 Posts
FWIW, ebay is the place to get take-off seats. I just bought off ebay this seat with an OEM cover that was chafed in one corner. Took the old cover off and the foam underneath is in good shape. I'm gonna work the 1cm thick gel pad I got from Amazon into it. I've already got a Sargent and a Corbin, but playing with custom seat is kinda fun. I might do something with that rear seat too.

I prefer to keep the stock seat as is, for eventual resale.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi
New member with a 2020 Ninja SX. Just recived my new seat and think it looks great. Dont like the original at all, it looks cheap in my opinion. :cool:
I would love to know where that seat came from! It appears to be a fair bit higher in the front, which is something I really want. I actually quite like the OEM '21 seat, except for the wonky forward lean. I end up sliding forward on the seat at the worst times.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would love to know where that seat came from! It appears to be a fair bit higher in the front, which is something I really want. I actually quite like the OEM '21 seat, except for the wonky forward lean. I end up sliding forward on the seat at the worst times.
You can actually fix that a little bit.

I have a custom after market seat, but it still had too much of a forward push for me.

I don't remember where I read it, but somewhere I found the trick about adding some washers under the back to bolts of the gas tank to raise up the section that the front of the seat sits on. It gained me enough extra height to fix the issue.

I did it years ago, and have not had any issues with it. Cheap mod that offered a ton of extra comfort, and its brain dead simple.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You can actually fix that a little bit.

I have a custom after market seat, but it still had too much of a forward push for me.

I don't remember where I read it, but somewhere I found the trick about adding some washers under the back to bolts of the gas tank to raise up the section that the front of the seat sits on. It gained me enough extra height to fix the issue.

I did it years ago, and have not had any issues with it. Cheap mod that offered a ton of extra comfort, and its brain dead simple.
Thanks! I read about that on here a while back, I think. Completely forgot about it. Definitely need to give that a whirl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts