Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1k
124 Posts
where's Europe and the UK?
Percentage of Population Tested
May 20, UK = 0.45%, France = 1.24%, Italy = 5.37%, Spain = 6.50%, Germany = 3.79%

Deaths per Million of Population
May 20, UK=521, France = 429, Italy = 531, Spain = 594, Germany = 98

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1k
124 Posts
Portugal
Percentage of Population Tested
May 20 = 6.01%

Deaths per Million of Population
May 20 = 122

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
well done. So look, I'm considering making an acquisition in Burma, can you get me their gross domestic product and disposable income per capital, as well as the general demographics in the capital region? Oh, and transfer tax treaties as well 😄

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1k
124 Posts
well done. So look, I'm considering making an acquisition in Burma, can you get me their gross domestic product and disposable income per capital, as well as the general demographics in the capital region? Oh, and transfer tax treaties as well 😄
Sorry to disappoint you but Burma no longer exists.
So the answer to your questions are GDP = $0, GNI = $0, there are no demographics and no current tax treaties.

Perhaps you could consider Myanmar for your acquisitions instead ??

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1k
124 Posts
hahahaa... Sure, please calculate its' soveriegn net worth 😄

I take it you're a numbers guy like I am?
The Total Wealth of Myanmar is estimated to be $116 Billion, Myanmar's GDP (2018) was $71.2 Billion and the annual GNI per capita is $1,045.

For comparison, the TW of the USA is estimated at $106,000 Billion, the US GDP (2019) was $21,200 Billion and the US GNI is $63,143.

Myanmar's total population (2014) was 51.4 Million with approx 7 Million living in the capital city of Yangon.

The USA has had trade sanction against Myanmar for many years, but these were lifted by Pres. Obama in 2016.

I am not a trained statistician, but for many years prior to my retirement, my work activity involved "data mining", so I am comfortable with manipulating numbers. :cool:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
"Long Island and the Hudson Valley could potentially begin the first phase of reopening next week, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced on Friday, which would leave New York City as the only region of the state still shut down. "

Well, we'll see. I've heard this before. It would be nice to go back to the gym. And grab a beer from something other than my fridge. This f'ker has done 180s before so who knows.
At least there is toilet paper on all the shelves now. I Hope all those hoarders get dysentery so they get a change to use it all.

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1k
124 Posts
<< snip >>
At least there is toilet paper on all the shelves now. I hope all those hoarders get dysentery so they get a change to use it all.
Amen to that. One "hoarder" here in Oz, got all his extended family to buy up all the toilet paper they could from multiple supermarkets, with a plan to re-sell it on eBay for a huge profit. They ended up with more than 5000 rolls of toilet paper.

But eBay shut down all on-line sales of toilet paper, so the "hoarder" decided to take all the rolls back to the supermarkets and ask for refund.

The Supermarket managers told him to "go get fooked" and refused any refund, and said that they would defend their refusal of a refund in court, if needs be.

The "hoarder" was last seen trying to sell discounted toilet paper to gas station, business, etc.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Good for Ebay. The Hoarder should ahve been arrested. If someone came up to me with a $1 roll of TP asking $5 for it I would have stabbed him in the throat. The local store by me finally limited purchases., after getting cleaned out. Now I see that even the well stocked stores are limiting purchases. If they would have done that from the start we wouldn't have had that problem. They were friggin limiting chciken and beef, but not TP.
Now watch there's going to be huge sales on paper products as they likely over-produced to meet the demands the artificially created "shortage."

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1k
124 Posts
When we first went into "lock-down" 10 weeks ago, people went crazy for the following things :--

Toilet paper, facial tissues, paper towels, paper napkins, any kind of pasta, tinned tomatoes, flour, hand sanitizer, soap, and finally hamburger mince meat and frozen vegetables. The supermarket shelves were empty.

The other thing people were buying like there was no tomorrow, was home freezer units. I remember one time standing in line at the check-out while the lady in front of me bought 15 frozen pizza.

Our supermarkets responded by introduced limits of the quantities you could buy, like a maximum of 2 tins of tomatoes, 1 box of spaghetti, and so on.

Everyone just turned into "doomsday preppers" over-night.

2020-05-25 06-32-58.png

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1k
124 Posts
Without wanting to upset any "Second Amendment" advocates, we are fortunate that we don't have gun stores like the USA any more.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Everyone just turned into "doomsday preppers" over-night.

View attachment 29098
I never hoarded TP. I've got a 2 foot high stack of Motorcyclist and Cycle World. I figure I'll start with the Harleys first. If times get tough I'll move on to my Sport Riders.

Have any of you guys seen these interesting charts at Financial Times? They allow you set it to view deaths as a ratio of population. They show it as a seven-day rolling average of new deaths per million. And then you can see there are a lot of countries far worse off than the US, and Brazil is really on a path of destruction.

Coronavirus tracked: has the epidemic peaked near you?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
I never hoarded TP. I've got a 2 foot high stack of Motorcyclist and Cycle World. I figure I'll start with the Harleys first. If times get tough I'll move on to my Sport Riders.

Have any of you guys seen these interesting charts at Financial Times? They allow you set it to view deaths as a ratio of population. They show it as a seven-day rolling average of new deaths per million. And then you can see there are a lot of countries far worse off than the US, and Brazil is really on a path of destruction.

Coronavirus tracked: has the epidemic peaked near you?
This is the only hope for us, though I don't know the logic and why but the deaths in India are far lower than anywhere else I have seen

·
Registered
512 Posts
This is the only hope for us, though I don't know the logic and why but the deaths in India are far lower than anywhere else I have seen
I thought that chart was broken or no data for India but then I realize that in a country of 1.4 billion, the number of people that died from Covid in India is practically nothing. So why is this....

It's nothing about how soon they did their lockdown or anything. I bet it's more along the lines that business travelers aren't flying in with Covid to visit India's slums. India is a country with quite a bit of socioeconomic class segregation. That keeps groups of people apart.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
I thought that chart was broken or no data for India but then I realize that in a country of 1.4 billion, the number of people that died from Covid in India is practically nothing. So why is this....

It's nothing about how soon they did their lockdown or anything. I bet it's more along the lines that business travelers aren't flying in with Covid to visit India's slums. India is a country with quite a bit of socioeconomic class segregation. That keeps groups of people apart.
Not really true, the deaths that have occurred have happened across all classes of people and all over the country. So, the lockdown has helped but the figures around overall deaths is practically so low, there is something else behind this.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts