Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Not really.

NZ & Australia are both island nations, so we each have only 1 border, but if you think about it Canada only has 1 border and the USA has only 2 borders (excluding Hawaii).

All it needs are the "balls" to say . . . shut the gate, NOW.
that's exactly what I meant Murph. We can't do something like that without the whole world calling us xenophobes. Plus there's just too much international business and other social nonsense. A tiny country like n-zed can much more easily do it.

I think you misunderstood me to mean it's physically impossible.
Although it sort of is when you consider all the illegal immigration. Last I checked people from indonesia weren't exactly swarming australias borders 😄

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1k
202 Posts
When Oz closed its borders, the Chinese government went ballistic and accused us of being xenophobic.

I guess it's better to be a live xenophobe, than a dead xenophile.

As for the Indonesians, we stopped the boats coming to Oz a few years ago.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
They fired Florida’s corona virus scientist because she balked when they told her to hide the real numbers of cases and deaths from the public, she has opened her on data board and show a lot more cases than Florida is putting out and all the data is obtained from public records, you can tell they are cooking the numbers in about every state and all ready caught Georgia 3- times cooking the numbers.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
@Mark59 , have you seen Texas recently, doesn't look good for the lone star state.
Locally the officials are bickering about the states incarcerated covid numbers. The counties that have prisons want the positive reports to be filled in the county the inmate came from. The other counties that dont have prisons are like hell no you reep the rewards of the industry you pay the price. In particular is a very small county with a even smaller population. Yesterday they were told to count their state mental home patient count. Doing that almost doubled the counties positive rate and more then doubled the death rate.
Another county reported over 500 new cases in one day where they had been reporting 40 to 50 cases a day. Curious about that one.
Our neighbors have a son in the air force, hes stationdd in South Carolina some where I think. He is younge and was healthy but is getting hit pretty hard with it. His Mom and sister have rented a apartment there nearby but cant get in to see him. His wife was allowed in once for 15 minutes but now their being told no more out side visits. That would bother me.

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1k
202 Posts
June 25 Update

The USA has gone backwards with a definite up-swing, Canada is continuing it's steady decline, while India is still going "vertical".

Australia has "flattened the curve", but there has been an "up-tick" in the last 2 weeks. This is based on 3 large family based clusters in one city following the end of Ramadan.

The virus is still circulating and will hit you if we relax into "old ways". Our only defense is to practice social distancing and not to visit crowded in-door facilities.

Percentage of Population Tested
May 12, USA = 2.9%, Canada = 3.0%, Australia = 3.5%, India = 0.1%.
May 20, USA = 4.3%, Canada = 3.6%, Australia = 4.0%, India = 0.2%
Jun 08, USA = 6.7%, Canada = 5.1%, Australia = 6.5%, India = 0.4%
Jun 25, USA = 9.4%, Canada = 6.8%, Australia = 9.0% India = 0.6%

Deaths per Million of Population
May 10, USA = 244, Canada = 137, Australia = 4, India = *
May 20, USA = 283, Canada = 164, Australia = 4, India = *
Jun 08, USA = 345, Canada = 209, Australia = 4, India = *
Jun 25, USA = 385, Canada = 225, Australia = 4, India = *

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
India numbers are a lot worse, we are just not testing enough and there seems to be consensus that testing will lead to over burdening the hospital system and hence we will deal with only symptomatic cases.

For sure still rising and we are now getting to see how close it is to all of us. I had someone in my apartment complex test positive few days ago.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Looks like the virus is coming back with a vengeance in the south and Texas and California, Florida went off the charts with almost 9,000 cases in one day.

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1k
202 Posts
Looks like the virus is coming back with a vengeance in the south and Texas and California, Florida went off the charts with almost 9,000 cases in one day.
The trouble is, with the exception of the tri-state area, the virus never went away. That and the foolishness of some Governors who listened to Dr Trump and opened up there businesses too early.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I think Trump and those governors are Taking an *** kicking right now, the bad part is they say the numbers are actually 10 times higher, just wait till the protestors start flaking out, those numbers ought to start showing up in 3-4 weeks, that is if they can process all the high numbers now.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts