Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2004 VFR800 that I bought untitled in 2006. Love the bike, but I just have an itch for something new. I looked at a GSX-S1000F, and it just struck me as a step down in terms of quality; standard bar, not clip-ons, all digital instuments, etc. I'm can't express exactly what it was, but the bike didn't excite me. And I've read a lot about the snatchiness, coming off of closed throttle, so I'm considering the Kawasaki.

A lot of the online comparisons between the GSX and the N1k seem to pick the Suzuki, but they can't find much fault with the Kawi; just a bit down on power and a bit heavier. I do have factory bags for the VFR, but I haven't used them much in the last two years. I'm not sure if I'd get the factory bags for the N1k or not.

One question up front; I owned two Yamahas before the VFR, so I don't know of a "quality" dealer here in NE Ohio. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Anyway, that's my story. This looks like a great site so I'll be here reading a lot to pick up whatever I can.

Thanks,

john

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I went from a honda to a ninja and have no regrets, the ninja performs flawless just like the honda, maybe you ould find a dealer with a used one nd tke a test ride,

·
Registered
11,246 Posts
If I were to do ti today, I dont know. I've had my ninja for 4 yrs, so theres a big part that wants new, different. Wait, here is what turned me towards the ninja, and what would again.

Wind protection. Suzuki's fairing is way to small to do anything. Otherwise, Id probably look that way just because it would be new, no real reason.

I think the ninja, and suzuki were both beaten a little too hard with the cheap stick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts