Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pictures of a trek around Colorado this fall, mostly in the mountains. I'd have to have a map to know where's where, but it doesn't matter much.

September is an awesome time for Colorado. I met my riding buddy in Denver who'd rode in from Nova Scotia, and we embarked out on the 13th? or so. The weather held after we did one trip down through Aspen and southward, but when we hit the New Mexico line, we decided to do another full loop of Colorado. Needless to say, the number of 10,000' passes was superb!

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Very nice pix ! Colorado and area would be on my bucketlist of rides to try to make

Got a new Canon dslr for Christmas and can't wait to take it out come spring and get my N1K back on the road to see nice scenery such as this ! Good stuff !

·
Registered
828 Posts
When I lived in ABQ, I'd ride in Colorado about every 2 weeks or so. I loved to go from ABQ up to Taos or Angel Fire, then cut over to Pagosa Springs, Durango, up to Silverton and then on to maybe Telluride or Ouray.

Of course it is always a nice trip up Pikes Peak when there aren't a lot of tourists. I'd say I had my most fun on my ADV bike around Durango/Silverton. A lot of fire roads there to explore. I'll likely head back to CO on the N1K this summer.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My back yard ;-)
I enjoy many a weekend ride up in Colorado, both on, and off road.
Always a good time, and always spectacular views.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts