Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on what colors are coming for 2016?

I find the green "meh" and red(2015) and blue(2015) sorta meh but loved the white and black in 2013.

Anyone know apologies if this is a dumb question.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The 2011 models had a black on black color scheme, but the finish wasn't as nice as the 2015 version. Progress, I suppose. I like the black and white model from 2013, but it tends to look a little too much like a police version to me. I have to admit the Kawasaki green color is growing on me. And I do think the blue from 2014 is very nice. But I bought the black 2015 and I'm happy with it.

As for 2016, I have no special insight. I do hope the black and green models continue, with the addition of a third color. For the U.S. market, red seems obvious. Maybe a different pattern of black and white than used in 2013 would be good. And who wouldn't want to see a special patriotic red, white, and blue model? That's my best guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Any ideas on what colors are coming for 2016?

I find the green "meh" and red(2015) and blue(2015) sorta meh but loved the white and black in 2013.

Anyone know apologies if this is a dumb question.
Where are you located? Red and blue for 2015 are not US market colors...

·
Registered
971 Posts
The 2011 models had a black on black color scheme, but the finish wasn't as nice as the 2015 version. Progress, I suppose. I like the black and white model from 2013, but it tends to look a little too much like a police version to me. I have to admit the Kawasaki green color is growing on me. And I do think the blue from 2014 is very nice. But I bought the black 2015 and I'm happy with it.

As for 2016, I have no special insight. I do hope the black and green models continue, with the addition of a third color. For the U.S. market, red seems obvious. Maybe a different pattern of black and white than used in 2013 would be good. And who wouldn't want to see a special patriotic red, white, and blue model? That's my best guess.

I know 2011 had the beautiful red/black combo and the next year there was a black/gray version.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in toronto and i made a type O red only in 2015.

So the grey one is not available in Canada for 2015? a dealer cannot get one?

·
Registered
76 Posts
in canada their were only two colors available in 2015. red/black and black/carbon gray. look on the kawasaki website if your dealer says he can't get the black version it's because he's trying to sell you the red one.. I'm from Canada and I have a 2015 Black version.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just read a few pages and used the search engine but when is the planned year for model change of the Ninja 1000, it's been on this platform since 2012 if i'm not mistaken?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just read a few pages and used the search engine but when is the planned year for model change of the Ninja 1000, it's been on this platform since 2012 if i'm not mistaken?
The original Connie went with only minor changes for 20 years (1986 to 2006). The press still praises the N1K in its current form so I would not expect much more than the periodic tweaks like between the 2013 to 2014 versions for quite awhile.

·
Registered
197 Posts
According to Sport Rider magazines buyers guide the 2016 colors will be grey/black and green/black. Same price and side bags will now be standard not extra.

Edit- sorry that is 2015.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts