Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yes. It looks like Suzuki has improved the competition. Useable mirrors are nice. The windshield looks familiar, wonder if it has 3 positions.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Suzuki is holding back info on the wet and dry weight, which will be needed to figure out if the S1000F power to weight ratio is more favorable than the N1K. One thing I noticed right away about that bike is the 4.4 gallon tank, so it most likely won't have the range of the N1K. I like the looks though... A LOT.... :)

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
They just released the curb weight of the GSX-S1000F ABS.... 460 lbs vs. 509.4 for the Ninja 1000 ABS (sans luggage). Now we need dyno numbers from a dependable source... horsepower and torque.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Suzuki did it right with that one. They took the BEST street/sport bike they ever made (2005 gsxr 1000) and put high bars on it. That, and the fairing. I would expect hp to come in at 140-150 crank with tons of midrange..just liek the 05 gsxr.

That Naked version will be seriously light.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Iif you really get technical about it, you could list the specs of a 2006 fz1 and it would be very similar. Especially if Yamaha added traction control. So, did they really do anything worth mentioning? Especially when my local shop has a brand new, never used, non-demo fz1 for 6899.00? 2006 fz1 is 470 lbs, 130 hp. abs available in other markets.

This was suzukis 2012 answer.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Iif you really get technical about it, you could list the specs of a 2006 fz1 and it would be very similar. Especially if Yamaha added traction control. So, did they really do anything worth mentioning? Especially when my local shop has a brand new, never used, non-demo fz1 for 6899.00? 2006 fz1 is 470 lbs, 130 hp. abs available in other markets.

This was suzukis 2012 answer.
Interesting... I like the FZ1 but to me the Ninja 1000 looks so much better... I was thinking about the Suzuki GSX S1000F today. Once it comes out, they'll want a premium for it. Parts will be difficult to obtain for awhile just as they were when I bought the 2012 Ninja 1000 in 2011. And I've been thankful for a little extra weight when riding in strong desert crosswinds. It will be awhile before we see the moto rag comparos too...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just saw the GSX-S750 at my dealer this past weekend. Now it was a naked bike, but it caught my eye immediately when I walked in. As sweet if not sweeter looking then the FZ09. It is obviously direct comp for the FZ09 as it appeared to be a simple bike with little flash or electronics. I didn't ask about price, but probably should have, I'm sure it was cheap. Although I love my N1K, it's still nice to see some competition in the market with the GSX-S models. As for the GSX-S1000F, that era GSXR motor is nothing like the R1 motor, the FZ1 never made any lower range torque, the GSXR motor did in a SS, so I'm sure it will be even better in the ST version.

·
Registered
971 Posts
The GSX-S750 is at the same price point as the FZ-09. They are similar. FZ-09 has 100cc advantage and triple cylinder.

From a purely superficial viewpoint, the GSX-s1000F front view with headlights is underwhelming, chubby and estrogen laden.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The GSX-S750 is at the same price point as the FZ-09. They are similar. FZ-09 has 100cc advantage and triple cylinder.

From a purely superficial viewpoint, the GSX-s1000F front view with headlights is underwhelming, chubby and estrogen laden.

Like the ninja/z1000 though, the FZ-09 is a standalone build and doesn't share anything. The thing about the zuk's is that the 750 and 1000 are based off the super sports. This is exactly what Aprilia has been doing very successfully for years with the Tuono/RSV. I like that idea as you get all the goodies of the super sports in a much more street friendly bike.

As for looks, I will totally agree with you, the GSX-S1000F is chubby, and has a strange looking falconish front end. Some angles are ok, but it doesn't look as good as the N1K that's for sure.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I just saw the GSX-S750 at my dealer this past weekend. Now it was a naked bike, but it caught my eye immediately when I walked in.
I took a close look at one at a local bike show and thought the component quality and fit/finish were a little lacking (read:cheap).

·
Registered
162 Posts
I took a close look at one at a local bike show and thought the component quality and fit/finish were a little lacking (read:cheap).
I definitely didn't take that close a look at it. All that impressed me was the flat black and the style. It was eye catching, but I didn't sit on it or really check it out at all. Just passed it on the way to get some N1K oil filters. My first quick impression was that it was a nice looking naked.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Suzuki's gsx-s 750 has been available for many years overseas. It LOOKS the part, but never really caught on. Its really not based on the gsxr 750...well, if it is, Kawasaki's z800 is based on the zx10.....

Notice the front brake calipers on the gsx-s 750 and you'll see its been downgraded a lot. Steel frame, cheap suspension.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That doesn't surprise me. Even though I've owned a few suzuki's to me they are the cheapest and lowest quality of the Japanese bikes .

·
Registered
92 Posts
That doesn't surprise me. Even though I've owned a few suzuki's to me they are the cheapest and lowest quality of the Japanese bikes .
LOL how true, and our 15 year old SV650 just refuses to die, i.e. even "cheapest and lowest quality of the Japanese bikes" are incredibly reliable. Come to think of it, I don't think we've had to do anything more than routine maintenance in 30k miles. Oh wait, one rectifier!

·
Registered
948 Posts
LOL how true, and our 15 year old SV650 just refuses to die, i.e. even "cheapest and lowest quality of the Japanese bikes" are incredibly reliable. Come to think of it, I don't think we've had to do anything more than routine maintenance in 30k miles. Oh wait, one rectifier!
LOL. I keep hoping my wife's 2001 SV650 will die so she can have a reason to get something newer. But it won't........:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts