Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've not seen my clock reset (haven't really paid it any attention), but I did see the max lean recorder randomly reset. I'm quite certain I did not reset it myself, as I was keeping track of it for my personal satisfaction. I believe it reset after the one time I connected the bike to the Ride App, though I so rarely connect it that I can't be sure. I rode to work tonight, so I'll give it a shot later.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The ride app is a nightmare! Did tried it, but I removed it 2 weeks after!

I will check the battery terminals I don't thinks they are loose because everything else works just fine !

Probably right, I'm just relaying my experience. Loose terminal had the clock resetting and the traction control going haywire...

I don't think it's related to the ride app, which is worthless, I tried it a few times without issue to the bike though.

·
Registered
'05 CBR1000RR, '18 CBR1000RR SP, '21 Ninja 1000SX
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Not sure how you guys feel about this but this feature is a standard thing in the 21st century and it is basic for almost all modern App.

The key thing is this:
  • the Motorcycle is connected to the phone (if it is setup) via Bluetooth
  • it can sync it's clock with the phone in under 1 sec
  • it should re-sync its clock with the phone every time the bike starts up and after it is re-connected to the phone (via Bluetooth).

That's what the Bluetooth connection is for --- it's for all these little small pieces of info to be passed between the 2 devices (Bike & Phone).

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
188 Posts
Quick update. I synced my bike and phone last night, and didn't see any issues at all. I didn't record the ride though (never do). But nothing reset or anything either.

I do agree with everyone that the Rideology App is freakin worthless though. I love the bike. But the app is garbage.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
In one part of the manual, they talk about radio I reference causing issues with the electronics?....?
Aha! I have a neighbor with a Dodge pickup who is from Montana. He goes hunting back there every year and every time he goes his "check engine" light comes on. He finally figured out it's the same place on the same road every time. Turns out there's a big over-the-pole looking radar site nearby. Lotsa watts! If this happens in a fully metal enclosed box, bike electrics will be WAY more susceptible.

He said the vehicle didn't run any differently with the light on or off that he could tell.

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same problem. Reset happent three times now. Have to check if battery connections aren't loose. Seems like it is happening randomly. Will report back if it happens again.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Was riding around town today and had to make a few stops instead of my usual longer rides only - It was 2:20 pm and my clock showed 1:00 pm - the blue tooth had also turned off - But all other settings were accurate - I had to re connected the blue tooth and the App would not change the time (it had sync'd this way before) I had to set time manually - Seems ok otherwise.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Was riding around town today and had to make a few stops instead of my usual longer rides only - It was 2:20 pm and my clock showed 1:00 pm - the blue tooth had also turned off - But all other settings were accurate - I had to re connected the blue tooth and the App would not change the time (it had sync'd this way before) I had to set time manually - Seems ok otherwise.
Seems like there are 2 possible issues with the symptom that we are all seeing:
  1. Bluetooth connectivity is not stable enough and there are occasional visible instability
  2. Software issues: when the Bluetooth connectivity re-connects, the firmware should pickup the new data and re-synch what's on the display of the dashboard. But, it's not doing that.
Let's hope they fixed this in 2022 version besides adding the DC socket.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Seems like there are 2 possible issues with the symptom that we are all seeing:
  1. Bluetooth connectivity is not stable enough and there are occasional visible instability
  2. Software issues: when the Bluetooth connectivity re-connects, the firmware should pickup the new data and re-synch what's on the display of the dashboard. But, it's not doing that.
Let's hope they fixed this in 2022 version besides adding the DC socket.
I just put my experience in here so we can start to get a bit of log on it happening -

I think it will be fixed when they adopt the apple / android car play systems and start integrating that as well

Was just reading the new H2 looks like it will get adaptive radar for the cruise control system - so im sure the tech will soon be standard.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Not saying bluetooth doesn't effect your clock, but that had nothing to do with mine as I have never had anything connected to my 2020. Early in the mileage, I had the clock go off sync three times and could not establish a cause. It was reported to Kawasaki through my dealer service center. Now having 13K+ miles it hasn't happened in the past 10K miles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the clock reset once, so far. About a month ago The only thought I had is wondering if it didn't like my battery tender.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not saying bluetooth doesn't effect your clock, but that had nothing to do with mine as I have never had anything connected to my 2020. Early in the mileage, I had the clock go off sync three times and could not establish a cause. It was reported to Kawasaki through my dealer service center. Now having 13K+ miles it hasn't happened in the past 10K miles.
Same here. I connected my bike to the app once a few days after I bought it, just to see how it worked. Spoiler: the app is trash (have I said that before? I think I have). Anyway, I've got well over 2000 miles on the bike since then and have never again connected the app to the bike, but I've seen the clock reset a couple times. Interestingly, the max lean indicator also resets at the same time. I still haven't got a cause figured out though.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I just remembered that I forgot to mention this issue in that detailed survey Kawasaki sent to me as a new owner a month back or so.... sigh

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same here. I connected my bike to the app once a few days after I bought it, just to see how it worked. Spoiler: the app is trash (have I said that before? I think I have). Anyway, I've got well over 2000 miles on the bike since then and have never again connected the app to the bike, but I've seen the clock reset a couple times. Interestingly, the max lean indicator also resets at the same time. I still haven't got a cause figured out though.
I've had this happen a couple of times too.... Nothing affected other than the clock, lean angles, and the trip odometer...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
If you look in the manual, it mentions radio interference? Is that a possibility?
Nay ... I'm not convinced.
Other bikes do not do this.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts