Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
'05 CBR1000RR, '18 CBR1000RR SP, '21 Ninja 1000SX
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was on a longer trip today and when I looked at the clock towards the 2nd half of the trip, it was set like 3 hours backwards (around 1PM).
I'm in the same State, same timezone.

Pretty weird. Anyone seen this before?

--------
UPDATE:
Additional info: I noticed that the display was automatically changed from light background to the reversed dark background. I did press the RESET button once to set it back to light background.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
542 Posts
I didn’t think much of it, but I think mine did that not long ago. I only say “I think” because I’m not 100% certain it was the Ninja 1000, but I think it was. I reset it and it has been fine since then.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My clock (2020) reset three times back when it was new, I think I had about 2-3K miles and hasn't reset since. I now have about 13K miles. I reported it to the dealer, he checked with the factory, no one had any idea.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My clock (2020) reset three times back when it was new, I think I had about 2-3K miles and hasn't reset since. I now have about 13K miles. I reported it to the dealer, he checked with the factory, no one had any idea.
Did you have a software/firmware update from the dealer?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Did you have a software/firmware update from the dealer?
No there were none available. They offered to perform diagnostics, however they would require the bike overnight. Due to the geographical distance, I elected to wait until the fourth time and the fourth time has never occurred. The service manager did file with the factory so there is a record of this happening. At the time there were no other reports from any other owners with this issue.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No there were none available. They offered to perform diagnostics, however they would require the bike overnight. Due to the geographical distance, I elected to wait until the fourth time and the fourth time has never occurred. The service manager did file with the factory so there is a record of this happening. At the time there were no other reports from any other owners with this issue.
You must have found a way to change the oil for the firmware. It's now running smoothly. :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
it might be an issue with the display. It happened to my 2020 Z900 one time. Hasn't happened to my Ninja 1000 though.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja1000sx
8 Posts
Had the same issue last week, noticed when I started the bike.
2021 ninja1000sx with 3000km. First time it happens.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had the same issue last week, noticed when I started the bike.
2021 ninja1000sx with 3000km. First time it happens.
Did you touch the RESET button before this happened?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Did you touch the RESET button before this happened?
I didn't. Turn on key, display cycles, time was off. Then I reset clock. Interesting to hear others have had the same problem. Has anyone else reported it to Kawasaki or a dealer that has reported it to Kawasaki?

·
Registered
2021 Ninja1000sx
8 Posts
No, I started the bike then I realized that the clock wasn't good because I use my bike almost everyday to go to work at the same hour.

Maybe I touched it without knowing it last time I used it and realized it when I started the bike the next day! I will try to push the reset button to see if it resets the clock!

EDIT: tried to hold/touch reset button, didn't reset the clock, the problem might be somewhere else!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was on a longer trip today and when I looked at the clock towards the 2nd half of the trip, it was set like 3 hours backwards (around 1PM).
I'm in the same State, same timezone.

Pretty weird. Anyone seen this before?

--------
UPDATE:
Additional info: I noticed that the display was automatically changed from light background to the reversed dark background. I did press the RESET button once to set it back to light background.
It has happened to me twice already in 2 months time. the first time I think that everything was reset (of the resettable options like trip, avg cons etc), on the second time only the clock was off by a couple of hours but everything else seemed in order. At first I thought that I might have touched the battery cables while searching for the OBD port, but I doubt it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
It has happened to me twice already in 2 months time. the first time I think that everything was reset (of the resettable options like trip, avg cons etc), on the second time only the clock was off by a couple of hours but everything else seemed in order. At first I thought that I might have touched the battery cables while searching for the OBD port, but I doubt it...
Same here, in two months twice lost an hour each. I.e. moved an hour back. Not obviously linked to a reset bitton push. Not reported sp far.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just out of curiosity does anyone that is having the clock issues have the bike connected tot eh "Ride APP" when the issues are occurring? Is it possible confusion between the phone app and bike?

Just an out there thought.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My bike has never been connected to the ride app.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
The clock circuit normally only resets when it loses power. I hope everyone realizes that it resets to 1:00. Hope you guys get this sorted out. Good luck.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja1000sx
8 Posts
The ride app is a nightmare! Did tried it, but I removed it 2 weeks after!

I will check the battery terminals I don't thinks they are loose because everything else works just fine !

·
Registered
542 Posts
I did not have ride app connected and had not had the battery disconnected. It’s only done it once so far. This is sounding like a real glitch.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts