in RMB 179,000

exchange rate 6.52 RMB to 1 USD

27,450 USD

IMPORT TAXS here are very high

Plus there is a personal tax

·
Premium Member
11,885 Posts
How much is an average salary? Is something like a ninja 1000 out of reach, for most people?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Average pay in china is around 4000 rmb a month, (my guess) but the range of salerys is quite large. On the high end it can be 10x plus or more.

Plus credit for native people is readally avaible.

Benelli, basically a domestc brand here,is very popular and affordable.

Most people ride ebikes, or domestically made motorcycles of small cc.
Bikes such as BMW, Ducati, Harley, Kawasaki, Suzuki are all avaible from offical dealerships.

The police in Nanjing ride Kawasaki Z900's. In Hefei police ride Benelli's.

Its not every day you see a leading top tier motorcycle, in the city im in. But its not uncommon.

Back to the orginal question. For the average person, yes I think a bike like the 1000sx is out of reach. At the same time there are many people who make very good money who can afford these high end bikes.

The dealer I buying my 1000sx from has sold quite a few H2's, which to me is surprising, but they do. Not sure who buys them. But lots of people have the ability.

·
Premium Member
11,885 Posts
That's expensive, isnt it? I googled "USA average pay" and it gave a figure of 40k. Roughly 3.5 Ninja 1000's, per year.

I was looking at Hondas Mexico site, for motorcycles. They had a few bikes that were really different. One that comes to mind is a 2017 cbr 1000rr Honda. It was interesting because this bike was upgraded, or changed, for 2017.....but, the model sold there had 2017 bodywork, on the 2016 bike. Its price was quite a bit lower than the USA bike.

Have you seen that, in China? Are the bikes spaced the same? Does Kawasaki sell any China specific bikes?

·
Registered
104 Posts
There was a big trade deal done at the end of last year which included Japan and China. Might eventually lower the price on imported bikes from Japan.

I'm pretty sure my social credit score would hit rock bottom if I had a liter bike over there 😹

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's expensive, isnt it? I googled "USA average pay" and it gave a figure of 40k. Roughly 3.5 Ninja 1000's, per year.

I was looking at Hondas Mexico site, for motorcycles. They had a few bikes that were really different. One that comes to mind is a 2017 cbr 1000rr Honda. It was interesting because this bike was upgraded, or changed, for 2017.....but, the model sold there had 2017 bodywork, on the 2016 bike. Its price was quite a bit lower than the USA bike.

Have you seen that, in China? Are the bikes spaced the same? Does Kawasaki sell any China specific bikes?

As for Kawasaki, the bikes sold here are same as in Europe. The emissions here are very important, same as the standards in Europe. Nothing I have seen is China specific, but my knowledge is very limited in this area.

The only differences I have seen with Kawasaki are color choices and factory upgrades. Sport package, Touring package are not avaible here.

The pricing here is very expensive. Being here, there is no other way.

·
Registered
2018 Black Ninja 1000
8 Posts
Dealer Pricing on China for a 2021 1000SX

in RMB 179,000

exchange rate 6.52 RMB to 1 USD

27,450 USD

IMPORT TAXS here are very high

Plus there is a personal tax
Ouch! Much more expansive in China! Almost double than the CAD pricing!

·
Premium Member
11,885 Posts
Energydrink, I didnt think about that.......Clancyhound, don't answer if you cant. We are about bikes here, not politics, but if you were to start driving that bike like an a-hole, would that have any effect on your social score? Would you have to get tickets before it was an issue?

I'm sure I would have been deported .

We dont have any color choices, or different option packages, here in the USA. In fact, my local ships sell 4 wheeled vehicles and also happen to sell motorcycles. Their motorcycles are stuck in the corner.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm curious if there's speed limiters installed. I've never been to Japan but I've read the cars are speed limited, not sure about the motorcycles. There wouldn't be much of a point buying like half of Kawasaki's lineup over there if you can't go over 180 km/hr.

·
Registered
2016 Ducati Hyperstrada 939
376 Posts
Im surprised he is even able to access the forums....

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not sure how the social score system works. Being a foreigner, no idea if this system applies to me.

No speed limiters on the 1000sx.

·
Premium Member
11,885 Posts
Will you have a spot to be able to verify this no speed limiter? I have a beautiful, brand new highway, that's within a few miles of the house. It's perfect for this sort of "test".

The traffic flow is lighter than normal due to covid. At least once per week, the news will have a story about catching someone at 120, or more. It was fun, but not there are police every few miles.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Will you have a spot to be able to verify this no speed limiter? I have a beautiful, brand new highway, that's within a few miles of the house. It's perfect for this sort of "test".

The traffic flow is lighter than normal due to covid. At least once per week, the news will have a story about catching someone at 120, or more. It was fun, but not there are police every few miles.
I just moved a few weeks ago. Theres a pretty long stretch of road here thats just cow pasture. Nobody's on the road. One of the guys at the dealership actually recommended it to me. Was practicing my 0 to 60 launch there too. Got to 162. That was before I took off the fender and passenger grab bars so I might be able to beat that if I try again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts