Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't need anything to tell me I am in gears 1 to 5, just 6 would be good. Even a light would be fine. Like Kamal said, I'm always looking for 7th gear.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Ive had bikes with stock gear indicators and they are handy to have,,.
With those bikes you needed to be at the right gear and RPM in order to get the bike to go,,.
The N1K just goes in any gear at any speed so its easy to loose track in certain scenarios especially 7th, at least for me,.

Ill give it a couple of weeks and re order from the guy on the link,,its not the Vender its more like the shipping company or customs that lost it,,.
Hope it shows up as Ive been chopping at the bit to do the install and mounting of the indicator,,.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ill give it a couple of weeks and re order from the guy on the link,,its not the Vender its more like the shipping company or customs that lost it,,.
Hope it shows up as Ive been chopping at the bit to do the install and mounting of the indicator,,.
It is the vendor who is at fault. The shipping method they use and the paperwork they enclose with the shipment is what determines whether you get the parcel on time or not or maybe not at all.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Ya,,,,that's entirely possible,,. It may have had a bad address that was not readable,,. Perhaps its already been returned to him?
If I shipped something and the customer said they didn't get it I would certainly do a bit of checking around to see whats become of it before I issue a refund,,.

Who knows?,,,As someone has mentioned he has a good E bay rating for what that is worth,,.

·
Registered
10,891 Posts
I receive china ebay things almost daily here in the US. Ive never had an excess wait time for anything. Probably close to 100 different items, by now.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Ive had pretty good luck as well,,,Ali Express is quite good as well,,. Never any issue with resolution either if its damaged or not as advertised,,.
I didn't like the fact that I couldn't engage this merchant in a dialog,,. It was nothing and then a refund,,. Ill probable reorder this next week only
because its more or less proven to fit and work,,,based on forum references, I cant see anyone else that advertises for a N1K,.

I receive china ebay things almost daily here in the US. Ive never had an excess wait time for anything. Probably close to 100 different items, by now.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
OK Finally got this together,,,,,here,,,,, on,,,,,,, and working,,,,,,,,,,
I repurchased it from this guy on Amazon,,,it was here, free shipping 8 days,,.and is as advertised,,.
Easy install and money well spent,,. Works great,,perhaps a one second delay once the clutch is released!!

https://www.amazon.com/IDEA-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Indicator-Kawasaki/dp/B01M0PRI8W/ref=pd_ybh_a_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EZRW7PYMJ3RE5FH1ETG8
Color:Kawasaki
Features:
Easy for installation, paste it around dashboard with double-sided adhesive tape
Plug and play, original car with reserved socket for quick connection, no need cut lines
Reads ECU data of motorcycle only, won't cause any damage
Super waterproofing, even soaked in water would be fine
Gears display once the engine working and clutch released
Specification: red
Application: Kawasaki EFI Motorcycles
Color: black housing
Size: about 30mm *20mm *13mm( L* W* T) Cable length: 170cm

Applicable Models:
Ninja 250 / Ninja 300 / Z250 / Z800 (2013-2016)
Ninja 650 / ER-6F / ER-6N / KVF750 (2012-2016)
Versys650 / KLE650 / Z750 / Z1000 (2010-2016)
Z750R / W800 / VN900 / Z1000SX (2011-2016)
Ninja1000 / Versys1000 / ZRX1200 (2011-2016)

Package:
Gear Indicator
Double-sided Adhesive Tape
Cable Ties
User Manual

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered one from the ebay seller, it arrived in two weeks. I haven't installed it yet, but I guess I'll have to do the custom programming since I've gone 16T on the countershaft sprocket.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes you'll need the custom programming, I have the 16T and in stock mode, it (gear indicator) would miss 4 or 5 gear. Once programmed, all is good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK Finally got this together,,,,,here,,,,, on,,,,,,, and working,,,,,,,,,,
I repurchased it from this guy on Amazon,,,it was here, free shipping 8 days,,.and is as advertised,,.
Easy install and money well spent,,. Works great,,perhaps a one second delay once the clutch is released!!

https://www.amazon.com/IDEA-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Indicator-Kawasaki/dp/B01M0PRI8W/ref=pd_ybh_a_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EZRW7PYMJ3RE5FH1ETG8
Color:Kawasaki
Features:
Easy for installation, paste it around dashboard with double-sided adhesive tape
Plug and play, original car with reserved socket for quick connection, no need cut lines
Reads ECU data of motorcycle only, won't cause any damage
Super waterproofing, even soaked in water would be fine
Gears display once the engine working and clutch released
Specification: red
Application: Kawasaki EFI Motorcycles
Color: black housing
Size: about 30mm *20mm *13mm( L* W* T) Cable length: 170cm

Applicable Models:
Ninja 250 / Ninja 300 / Z250 / Z800 (2013-2016)
Ninja 650 / ER-6F / ER-6N / KVF750 (2012-2016)
Versys650 / KLE650 / Z750 / Z1000 (2010-2016)
Z750R / W800 / VN900 / Z1000SX (2011-2016)
Ninja1000 / Versys1000 / ZRX1200 (2011-2016)

Package:
Gear Indicator
Double-sided Adhesive Tape
Cable Ties
User Manual

I was ready to get the rectangle one then I noticed there are lots of options lol. Round, back wired, etc etc now I have to decide how I want to route it....... which one did you get?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I got the one from the amazon link,,. It works good and easy install,. Basically plug play and mount!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought the one off ebay. Had some trouble with the lower left segment not working about a month ago, but started working again. Tried PMing the seller, but of course, no response :) It started working again on my last ride, so hopefully it keeps up, because the only reason I bought it was to tell the diff between 5 & 6!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Still trying to decide if I want to drill holes and mount it nice and clean or just get the double sided tape version that shows the wiring haha.

·
Registered
10,891 Posts
This was a pain in the ***, but does look built in....

There's no flat spot there, so I created one. If you mount it with 3m big, it's there for life.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Possibly... probably... but if the quality is good, I'll take it.

Do you take generic prescription medication? Same analogy.
Actually that's not a good analogy. Generic medication is AUTHORIZED by the original drug manufacturer, so it's not "stolen" from someone.

When Chinese (and others) companies take a design, make their own, and sell it and make money without express permission from the original designers, that's stealing and copyright infringement. Something the Chinese have perfected in the last 40 years.

·
Registered
10,891 Posts
The plug, on the 2012, is close to the battery. It's a diagnostic port. I THINK it was on the left side of the bike. Really, it's the only open plug that's available. It's probably @1/2" inch in side. I believe it was white.

I was able to mount mine. Like everyone else, theres no good spot. I have several of those inner fairing pieces. The black cover that goes on last....mounts with 4 bolts.

Heres what I ended up with. I cut a section that was just a little wider than the indicator. After that, I found a piece of thin carbon fiber. Plastic will work. I happened to have the carbon. I used some sort of glue....maybe pvc cement? That holds the flat piece to the cover. This indicator is the one that has the wires on top. In hindsight, I wish I had ordered the one with the wires in back. I think I could have had more fun with it.

After that, I used 3m VHT to hold the indicator in place. It works ok...no complaints.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 63 Posts