Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was wondering what is the best way to change decal color. I want to change my Ninja, 1000 and Kawasaki decals from black to red. Any and all input appreciated

Bc2

2017 N1k

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi All,

I was wondering what is the best way to change decal color. I want to change my Ninja, 1000 and Kawasaki decals from black to red. Any and all input appreciated

Bc2

2017 N1k
Are you talking about the add on decal to the main front fairing that goes over the engine/radiator? Mine comes in orange and gray, I was thinking about swapping it out to green...watching this thread :geek:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you talking about the add on decal to the main front fairing that goes over the engine/radiator? Mine comes in orange and gray, I was thinking about swapping it out to green...watching this thread :geek:
The Ninja decal on tank. The 1000 decal on fairing and the Kawasaki decal that is on the bottom fairing. I have a radiator protector and Header protector that I was going to paint the same color to match the wheel stripes I added

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
@Bc2

Certainly you know the Ninja decal on your fuel tank has been clearcoated over. How are you going to handle that?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Bc2

Certainly you know the Ninja decal on your fuel tank has been clearcoated over. How are you going to handle that?
Good Question...First thing that comes to mind is apply the new one directly over it (Non-Permanent Decal) Just a quick guess. What are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Good Question...First thing that comes to mind is apply the new one directly over it (Non-Permanent Decal) Just a quick guess. What are your thoughts?
If I had a black N1K and wanted to liven it up a little, the changes you'd like to make aren't what I'd do; however, I'm not going to discourage you from doing what you want to do with your bike.

Now to answer your question, I'd put it over the existing decal. The fuel tank is probably the most expensive part of the bike to paint. And if you did it anyway, what if you don't like it?

Edit: If you haven't already seen this MV Agusta, maybe it'll give you some ideas in terms of a black bike with red accents. There's nothing wrong with getting ideas from other bikes. We all do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000, 2009 Triumph Speed Triple, 1998 Triumph Thunderbird S
103 Posts
Man, I hate the "ninja" decal on the tank. Please let us know how it works out. My bike is black, maybe I could put a black decal directly over the top of the ninja one on the tank and it would be cool(er).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I had a black N1K and wanted to liven it up a little, the changes you'd like to make aren't what I'd do; however, I'm not going to discourage you from doing what you want to do with your bike.

Now to answer your question, I'd put it over the existing decal. The fuel tank is probably the most expensive part of the bike to paint. And if you did it anyway, what if you don't like it?

Edit: If you haven't already seen this MV Agusta, maybe it'll give you some ideas in terms of a black bike with red accents. There's nothing wrong with getting ideas from other bikes. We all do it.
Thanks for the ideas...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts