Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post a link or point me in the right direction to everything I need to know on removing my cat and what tune/ecu flash would be best for just basically a straight pipe set up with some affordable slip ons?
Please and thanks
2019 Kawasaki Ninja zx1000w abs

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
523 Posts
Here's a link to a review on Ivan's who really knows these ECU Ivan's Performance Products - ECU Flash review -...

As for cat delete, you can look for a complete header or link pipes. Lemme see if I can find the thread on that.

Here you go

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a link to a review on Ivan's who really knows these ECU Ivan's Performance Products - ECU Flash review -...

As for cat delete, you can look for a complete header or link pipes. Lemme see if I can find the thread on that.

Here you go

Thanks man I appreciate ya

·
Premium Member
15,203 Posts
I'm going to move into 1043's parking area. I could have a good life there.

The cat removal wont worth doing because it leaves the tiny, stock header pipes. These restrict low end performance as well as top end...that's how small they are.

They are so undersized they are not worth spending money on. Removing the cat, and breadbox wont do anything for performance.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
523 Posts
I'm going to move into 1043's parking area. I could have a good life there.

The cat removal wont worth doing because it leaves the tiny, stock header pipes. These restrict low end performance as well as top end...that's how small they are.

They are so undersized they are not worth spending money on. Removing the cat, and breadbox wont do anything for performance.
How about sound?

·
Registered
To be delivered when released 2023 Ninja 1000 SX
37 Posts
How about sound?
Removing the cat will make the engine louder, but also help reduce heat from the engine. I would also check the local laws regarding emissions if that is an issue for you. You can smell the exhaust once the cat is removed, which can be a dead giveaway to the emission authority and police. I know you guys in the states seem to get away with this more than we do here in Australia. The fines for both owners and mechanics or workshops are massive for tampering with the emissions both noise levels and so on.If you go down that path I would recommend a dyno tune and maybe an aftermarket tuning unit. Good luck what ever you do and look forward to seeing what you end up doing.

Reactions: Night Train
1 - 9 of 9 Posts