Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the technology on this bike prevent parking lot stoppies, i.e. from 10-15 mph?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've done a stoppie on my ZX7R. Where I hit the front brakes and the rear tire comes off the ground. If I have the definition wrong, please don't crucify me!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I wouldn't attempt it because the bike is BIG! 520 lbs. wet. It's cruel and unusual. It will probably break a few things.

But yes it can in the hands of the skillful. However, I'm thinking you have to remove the IMU/ABS/TC fuse to disable it. I don't even think that's possible. Otherwise I don't know if the difference in wheel speed will allow maximum braking up front while the rear wheel spins freely. Why don't you give it a try and let us know if it works out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So... does anybody know the answer to my question? It is a stock 2019 Ninja 1000. Will it stoppie at 10-15 mph or does the technology prevent it? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I wouldn't attempt it because the bike is BIG! 520 lbs. wet. It's cruel and unusual. It will probably break a few things.

But yes it can in the hands of the skillful. However, I'm thinking you have to remove the IMU/ABS/TC fuse to disable it. I don't even think that's possible. Otherwise I don't know if the difference in wheel speed will allow maximum braking up front while the rear wheel spins freely. Why don't you give it a try and let us know if it works out.
Yup, the technology might prevent stoppies. Maybe somebody knows for sure.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My question is why would you want to? A 500+ lbs. sport touring bike with a longer wheel base doesn’t really seem like the right tool for the job of stunting. Just my opinion and to each their own.
Harry don't I know you from the FZ-09 forum or somewhere, lol? Welcome aboard, haha

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yep, I’m stalking you, and those Fz09 people are losers, so I figured I’d come hang with the cool kids. Talk about misreading a room.
I usually use different names on different forums so I can keep my spilt personalities separate, but I was lazy this time.

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
I've been to a couple of gatherings in Houston where I heard discussions on this. Didnt see the guy pull the fuse but understood that's what he did. 2016 17 or 18 ZX10R. Very talented guy on a none stunted bike.
You might check that forum as its had KIBS for 8 years now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts