Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought a Bursig lift for their N1k?

·
Premium Member
15,022 Posts
Will you guys post a link for that stand? Always curious to find a better option.

I just googled it, and found the video. Assuming it works even 1/2 That well, what are you waiting for? That thing is awesome.

I like my pitbull stands, but this stand looks way better. I can't service my steering head with my pitbull stands, or my suspension linkage. The front stand I have makes you leave the triple clamps in place.

This stand would make both projects easy.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Is the Bursig the one with the hydraulic jack on wheels that attaches to a couple of places in the middle of the bike on one side and can pick it up off the ground 6 maybe 8 " maybe more? Also will it go on either side?
I think after asking a guy I meet in OKC if his was an ABBA he corrected me and may have said Bursig.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've ordered one. I have tried to cut and past a link and cannot do it on this computer for some reason. The website is: bursigusa.com.
The lift fits on the left, kick side stand, of the bike only and uses two pins inserted into the frame. I will send pictures when I get it and the bike in the same garage. Just moved to Indianapolis and my bike is in my toy barn 70 miles away,. Hope to get the bike and lift together for installation this weekend.

There are tons of videos on U tube. Revzilla cannot keep them in stock!

Keep you posted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I finally got the Bursig put together. It wasn't difficult, I have just had other things going on. Actually, the adapter plate was not difficult to adjust. Pretty easy with the bike held upright in a front wheel chock. Otherwise, I would have needed a second person to hold the bike while I made the adjustments. The upper pin is inserted into a supplied hollow nut screwed onto the middle rear engine mount bolt.

Attachments

Reactions: RobF

·
Registered
29 Posts
I finally got the Bursig put together. It wasn't difficult, I have just had other things going on. Actually, the adapter plate was not difficult to adjust. Pretty easy with the bike held upright in a front wheel chock. Otherwise, I would have needed a second person to hold the bike while I made the adjustments. The upper pin is inserted into a supplied hollow nut screwed onto the middle rear engine mount bolt.
Does the handle clear the side hardcases when they mounted?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts