Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2012 N1k and am looking for an exhaust system for it. Ran across this and liked the look of it. I was just wondering if anyone had personal experience with it. If any of you have personal experience with any single sided exhaust, I am all ears. Thanks in advance, fellas.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Welcome.

Your location? Did you post a link to this exhaust? What did you mean by single sided exhaust?

Search for the 2 exhaust threads on this forum.

·
Registered
10,709 Posts
The Brocks exhaust is a decent choice....not a great one because its priced withe the idea in mind it comes with a fuel map.

Ivans ECU mod is a huge step up from what Brock offers, so why pay extra for soemthign thats obsolete...

Oh, and for Brocks...the Ninja 1000 map you guard, like a 18yr olds girls virginity, is freely available....much like the girls virginity, but thats not the point.... Its not worth loading compared to what Ivan has.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
When I say single sided exhaust, I mean just one can. Just on the right side of the bike. I'm in the ever-white land of North Dakota. With Ivan's kit, he has different levels of severity you can choose from, am I right? You can basically do as much modding as desired with his stuff? and I also think he uses the Akra exhaust. I guess I haven't read a whole lot about Ivan's, just snippets here and there.

I haven't read much about Brock's goodies either. Basically just what he has to say. But I never know how much is just claiming and what is for real. Just want my money going towards a quality product I guess.

thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Recommend you give Ivan a call. I've a heavily Ivanized Yamaha FZ1 & his support is outstanding. His pricing is also excellent. He prefers to talk directly to you & backs his claims up with dyno time. So far, as much as I know, he hasn't re-flashed a '14 N1K ECU but does have one for earlier years. That made a huge change in my FZ1 when I did it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I could easily be wrong but I couldn't find a brocks exhaust for N1K.
There's one for zx-10r and zx-14r. Is it a matter of buying 2 and getting midpipes?

I would classify its look as flared or bugle shape. For the money, if you like that look, go with the M4.

·
Registered
10,709 Posts
When I say single sided exhaust, I mean just one can. Just on the right side of the bike. I'm in the ever-white land of North Dakota. With Ivan's kit, he has different levels of severity you can choose from, am I right? You can basically do as much modding as desired with his stuff? and I also think he uses the Akra exhaust. I guess I haven't read a whole lot about Ivan's, just snippets here and there.

I haven't read much about Brock's goodies either. Basically just what he has to say. But I never know how much is just claiming and what is for real. Just want my money going towards a quality product I guess.

thanks for the replies!
I dont think its as bad as it was, years ago, for inflated claims. We have much easier access to dynos, and that stopped the wildly exaggerated claims.

The one I will vouch for is Ivan. I dont know what he does for the 2014, but he makes the earlier bikes fast. Ivan's Performance Products

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will definitely look into Ivan's then! Thank you for all of the input! The Brock's exhaust is for the z1000, which would fit on the N1k.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yeah full system, sorry Tony! Don't even love the megaphone part of it, just like the sheer simplicity and cleanness of it. Then again, why pay so much for simple?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I have. My whole reasoning is because I want to get rid of the cats and I prefer the exhaust on one side over dual exhaust.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, akra and muzzy both make one. I think Arrow does too actually. Brock's just stood out to me. I have no problem going with any one of the companies if one is truly better than the other.

·
Registered
971 Posts
If you're looking for the best and best looking and price isn't a limiting factor, Akra seems the easy choice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you're looking for the best and best looking and price isn't a limiting factor, Akra seems the easy choice.
I haven't got the bucks for it yet, but the system I'm looking at is the Akrapovic full system from Revzilla, and a pair of Two Brothers cans. The cost is reasonable. The full system goes for about $679, and the cans vary, but perhaps $600 for the pair.
And everybody I know tells me to go to the tuner after it's installed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I haven't got the bucks for it yet, but the system I'm looking at is the Akrapovic full system from Revzilla, and a pair of Two Brothers cans. The cost is reasonable. The full system goes for about $679, and the cans vary, but perhaps $600 for the pair.
And everybody I know tells me to go to the tuner after it's installed.
I'm in the Seattle area, the local tuner is Nels at 2wheeldynoworks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just purchased a 2012 N1k and am looking for an exhaust system for it. Ran across this and liked the look of it. I was just wondering if anyone had personal experience with it. If any of you have personal experience with any single sided exhaust, I am all ears. Thanks in advance, fellas.
Check out Holeshot.com. He has Dyno Reports before and after and sound video of his exhaust system.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts