Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my N1k with a brock's alien head full system and I was wondering if anyone out there has replaced the alien head can with a milder one? That pipe is just too loud for my liking. I have seen the noise reduction plug but I question how much that will help. I have the stock system but I dont want to add all that weight back on and I would like to keep the headers if at all possible. So my question is, what canister will fit the brock's header/mid pipe? I have yet to be able to pull anything up off the web. If nothing else I will sell the brocks and get some slip-ons

·
Registered
828 Posts
I am not familiar with the system but if they offer a db killer (noise reduction plug as you call it), that is often a good place to start.

Another option is to pull off the muffler and measure it. A lot of options exist on eBay. Might have to do a little searching but it can pay off. This is how I found db killers for my Brawlers that cost far less than the factory ones and I can "tune" them. The factory had just one setting and that was it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan to pull it off and measure, haven't had a chance just yet. Just hoping someone has already tried. Brocks calls their's a NRP (noise reduction plug) I hate to go messing up a good set up but man it's loud. I don't mind it out in the country but in town it's a bit obnoxious. I don't like being the jerk with the loud bike, heavy handed as I am with the throttle.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I know what you mean about noise. I tend to ride pretty fast and the last thing I want is under attention.

I was following a group of bikes this weekend before I joined up with them and one of them was pretty loud. They passed 2 cops on the side of the road and even though I was going faster than that bike was, the cops attention was focused on him. Thankfully I was able to back off my speed a bit before their attention finally turned on me.

Years ago there was a popular mantra for dirt bike riders "less sound = more ground" and I developed a corollary for the streets "less sound = less tickets" and I've followed that rule all my life. While I don't ride a whisper quiet bike, I do try to keep it fairly quiet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude, can you upload a video of the brocks exhaust?
I will as soon as I get chance, its pouring rain today. Hopefully tomorrow It will be plesant enough to get it out.

And yes the undue attention is a big issue for me as well. I had a Ninja 500 and got the bright idea to put a D&D full system on it, oh lord it was loud, I regretted it within a week, it made alot of noise but that was about it. My taillight went out one night and I passed a cop sitting on the road, he pulled me over and said he didnt see me but he heard something loud as **** pass by. He let me off but had it been the stock exhaust he wouldnt have even noticed me.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I will as soon as I get chance, its pouring rain today. Hopefully tomorrow It will be plesant enough to get it out.

And yes the undue attention is a big issue for me as well. I had a Ninja 500 and got the bright idea to put a D&D full system on it, oh lord it was loud, I regretted it within a week, it made alot of noise but that was about it. My taillight went out one night and I passed a cop sitting on the road, he pulled me over and said he didnt see me but he heard something loud as **** pass by. He let me off but had it been the stock exhaust he wouldnt have even noticed me.
I appreciate that! oh yeah! here too, same story. I am in the Pacific North West, Home of the karate kicking cops which enables a promotion. So I understand about the noise, In my area, once the officer in the unmarked car with pop radar hears a bike, he immediately switches to full alert! Loud bikes here are ticket magnet. They'll hear you coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uuo_CiiPk8

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
having problems with the video upload,(Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.) I will keep trying

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's starting to grow on me, I may leave it. it sounds mean when you really get on the throttle. I hate working on my own bike after doing it all day at work anyway, unless needed. dont turn a fun hobby into a carrer, I used to love working on my stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts