Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,835 Posts
My stock gsxr brembo pads are not good pads, at all. Neither were the pads supplied in my Brembo caliper. I know Brembo makes good pads. I think both of these were built to last forever more so than perform?

Trying to figure out fitting angles, without having the hose there is a nightmare, isn't it? I have to see it, or see something first. Trying to do it from scratch is very difficult. Thank you for doing it. Now Speigler will have the formula. I can just copy you!

·
Premium Member
2014 Green N1K
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Got out to ride on Friday. Its been rainy here in NC.

First impressions are that the Brembo caliber, Vesrah JL pads, and braided brake line does provide more stopping power than the stock caliber with EBC pads (don't remember the specific compound in installed). No shocker there. But in addition to that, there is more "feel" in the rear brake. Only negative is that when I push hard on the brake, the new pads squeak. Hoping this goes away with a few more miles of riding.

RC, I kept the stock master cylinder. I have the caliber/mater cylinder ratio recommendation sheet that you provided here on the forum. I did buy a 09 ZX10R master cylinder, which would provide the recommend ratio. I'll get around to replacing that sometime.

I also replaced the front pads with Vesrah RJL pads. These pads are much better than stock.

·
Premium Member
12,835 Posts
It is a serious upgrade, isn't it? I have not had any squeaking . Mine is quiet. I am using the round Brembo rear rotor, but I doubt that makes any difference. I didn't ever try mine with the stock rotor. No reason other than that's how it all got assembled.

That old zx10 master cylinder was just enough different to be interesting. Not much different, but enough to make it really good.

·
Premium Member
12,835 Posts
I rode the concours 14, this week. Its rear brake is much better than what comes on the Ninja. I've upgraded its pads and done everything I could, but its complete garbage compared to this upgrade. You really notice the correct leverage rations when you try something that's not correct.

I really dont understand why they do this on bikes that have abs.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts